Device will not turn on without power cable

m4k3r

Hey everyone, new here. Been lurking for a while and now I have a problem with my Tugboat DNA200. I'd like to ask the community about this before taking it in to the shop tomorrow.

I went to go build a titanium coil for my subtank to try it out. Got the coil installed, went to test fire and that's when the screen shut off (I'm assuming it shorted). Now I can't get it to turn back on without plugging it into a power source. I can still access the device through Escribe and have also tried hard rebooting, nothing. When I install a RDA (known working kanthal/ti/ni200 builds) while plugged in to power and I hit the fire button the device reads "Check Atomizer." Running "Atomizer Analyzer" yields question marks, room temp reads fine. Not sure what's going on and thought I'd throw this out there.

Thank you.

P.s. Love this device, it's been rock solid for me. Also running the latest firmware.

m4k3r said:

Hey everyone, new here. Been lurking for a while and now I have a problem with my Tugboat DNA200. I'd like to ask the community about this before taking it in to the shop tomorrow.

I went to go build a titanium coil for my subtank to try it out. Got the coil installed, went to test fire and that's when the screen shut off (I'm assuming it shorted). Now I can't get it to turn back on without plugging it into a power source. I can still access the device through Escribe and have also tried hard rebooting, nothing. When I install a RDA (known working kanthal/ti/ni200 builds) while plugged in to power and I hit the fire button the device reads "Check Atomizer." Running "Atomizer Analyzer" yields question marks, room temp reads fine. Not sure what's going on and thought I'd throw this out there.

Thank you.

P.s. Love this device, it's been rock solid for me. Also running the latest firmware.

Sounds like a blown fuse.

Yup unfortunately this same thing happened to me with my opus, not even 24 and after I got it. I was so agitated but I contacted Opus and sent it back the same day. They didn't tell me what actually happened, all I can figure is there was a problem with that specific version of the firmware causing the chip not to tell me shorted when it was. So I've just been rebuilding arts on other mods to prevent this from happening again. I doubt it will but just seems sketchy and I don't wanna be without a device. My guess is a fuse blew due to some firmware issue. Just send your device back unfortunately :-(

I too am experiencing this problem although it did not occur as a result of a possible short. The first time my Hcigar VT200 shut off with no warning and did not come back on for several minutes after plugging into power. Now, the device shuts of at least once a day and will come back immediately after plugging in. It also does not always recognize when a coil change has occurred. I am returning this unit in exchange for a replacement. In case of future failures with the replacement, how does one go about submitting a ticket? Thank you!

UPDATE

Got a call yesterday afternoon that my device was ready for pick-up. Swung by there around 6pm and picked her up. They didn't say what was wrong with it since the employee giving it back to me doesn't fix them. He did mention they "updated" it for me (I'm assuming the board since I already had the latest firmware) and they installed fancy "#TUGLYFE" and "FLAWLESS" splash screens, a nice touch imo. Overall couldn't be happier with the customer service, was in and out no questions asked and had my device back and tug'n away in a week. Hope everyone else is as lucky as I was on getting theirs repaired.

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE 2

Well it was a sad day yesterday. Was vaping away on a new SS 316L dual coil build for a couple days then all of a sudden, nothing. Tried plugging in the device (both power and PC), nothing. None of the buttons responded so back to the shop it went today. On a good note I did pick up some supima cotton while I was their. Since I haven't tried it before thought I'd give it a shot. Fell in love instantly after breaking it in (has a cottony-funk taste for the first two juicings). Flavor is above all other wicks I've tried. Anyways, will update again shortly.