Bigger LavaBox Battery

monkeymanvape

it would be nice if they offered a battery upgrade and new rear panel and grip combo. perhaps an upgrade to a 1300mAH or 1500mAH pack with a larger rear door for the people who are ok with something a little larger would be nice. i imagine that it wouldnt be very different for volcano to produce either. its just another mold for the rear grips and pattern for the milling machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly.  But you're getting only 50mah more, so for me, its not worth it.  I have however, have been looking at the Turnigy battery rated at 2200mah.  But, I need to remeasure the Lavabox, to make sure it the replacement would fit.  Otherwise, perhaps the 1300mah Turnigy could fit?

2200 Turnigy link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=58883
1300 Turnigy link: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__8936__Turnigy_1300mAh_3S_25C_Lipo_Pack.html

Has someone measured the specifics of the battery compartment, to see what can be fitted within our mod?  If so, please post.

i doubt either will fit. here is the link to the same size lipo which is in the lavabox and both of the ones you posted are larger. 

http://www.protovapor.com/product/fullymax-11-1v-3s-900mah-30c-lithium-polymer-battery-pack/

there is a small chance that the 1300 mah might be able to fit (but i doubt it). but there is no chance at all that the 2200 mAh one will. also, the ones you linked are both 25C max current discharge and not 30C. so the current will be lower and depending on your settings and the resistance of your coils that can cause issues. i wouldnt chance it. 

I have read your post.  It is very interesting to say the least.  I am hoping it works for you.  Since I will be following your progress.  With that being said:  I am so disgruntled that there are no batteries with higher mAh, that could fit in the Lavabox.  I'm not looking for some astronomical mAh rating, but something around the 1500mAh rating would be nice, w/o modding the mod.

monkeymanvape said:

I have read your post.  It is very interesting to say the least.  I am hoping it works for you.  Since I will be following your progress.  With that being said:  I am so disgruntled that there are no batteries with higher mAh, that could fit in the Lavabox.  I'm not looking for some astronomical mAh rating, but something around the 1500mAh rating would be nice, w/o modding the mod.

Yea unfortunately I couldn't find anything bigger than 1300mAh that would still be only 70mm tall and 22mm thick max. With the lavabox, we can make it longer by adding extensions to the back piece, but the 70 x 22 dimension cant be helped.