Pc crash issue

jwhorner6

Im dealing with something that makes absolutely no sense. I have a vapor shark dna 200 and 2 hcigar vt200s. The vs and 1 of the vts connect to every computer i have tried no problem. 1 of my vt mods however will crash one of my computers every time i plug it in to usb. So to sum it up...3 mods, 2 vt 200s and a vapor shark. 1 of the vt 200s and the vapor shark work fine on all 4 computers ive used them on. The other vt 200 works fine on 3 out of the 4 computers, but when connecting to that 4th pc, the computer will crash immediately to a blue screen and restart. Can anyone make sense of this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I also have came across this issue , so far only on my laptop thankfully

Lenovo x220 
i5 cpu 
windows 10 x64 pro

It is happening with my reuleaux. 

the error that i get thrown up is 
"IRQL is notless or equal"

Anyone have any idea? 

have already uninstalled escribe and same issue.

also removed all other usb devices and same results.

have tried two versions of escribe 1.0.32 and 1.0.35.2 and same results. 

my home pc is windows7 x64 pro and has not any issues with connecting.

would like to get a fix on this as i travel a lot.

UPDATE EDIT:

I think it has to do with "windows driver package dimensions engineering" as my PC is fine when installing escribe , and UAC pops up and i waited a while before clicking yes and the moment I hit yes BSOD and now I can not reinstall package so I can remove it and it does not show in my installed programs anymore. but still crashes my laptop on plug in. 

anyone know how to manually remove the driver package?  

jlmr731 said:

did you remove driver when you removed escribe? also some antiviruses can cause issues with this error
also try booting into safe mode and plug in to see if it still crashes.

I think it has to do with "windows driver package dimensions engineering" as my PC is fine when installing escribe , and UAC for the driver package pops up and i waited a while before clicking yes and the moment I hit yes BSOD and now I can not reinstall package so I can remove it and it does not show in my installed programs anymore. but still crashes my laptop on plug in. 

anyone know how to manually remove the driver package?  

also have tried safe mode to find package now , but no luck

UPDATE: 

Okay it works in safe mode and can connect. and all i did however see it want to connect via com4  in safe mode and that is the same port as intel active management connects on. dont know if this could have an effect , going to see if i cna change port in safe mode to another port and see if it resolves my issue

UPDATE 2

Great success , changed port to com 5 and now i no longer get the BSOD and it works without having to be in safe mode.

now lets hope updates dont break this  ./crossesfingers