DNA 200 and TFV4

johndoe123

I apologize if this has nothing to do with the DNA 200 (and it probably doesn't) but I don't have another temperature control device to try it with.

I am using the TFV4 and the prebuilt Ni coils with my Vapor Shark DNA 200. It is amazing, no burt hits, great flavor, insane vapor, only one issue. It is very cool, the coolest vape I have ever had.

Here are my settings:
Preheat: 150W
Wattage: 100W
Temperature: 460F

If I raise the temperature it starts to get burnt. It is a great vape, just really cool. Has anyone else experienced this? It is probably just the way the TFV4 is but just wanted to make sure. And the drip tip airflow is closed. I have also tried other drip tips, same thing.

If you like a cooler vape, I highly recommend this setup.

Try lowering the preheat as you might be overshooting it a bit, this could per my experience put the device in a state where it tries to cool your coil rather than keeping it warm.

Have you tried opening up the device monitor and seeing what happens when you fire it?

We have this awesome software which can tell us exactly what is going on, let's use it and get you vapin' right!

smartalec1020 said:

I apologize if this has nothing to do with the DNA 200 (and it probably doesn't) but I don't have another temperature control device to try it with.

I am using the TFV4 and the prebuilt Ni coils with my Vapor Shark DNA 200. It is amazing, no burt hits, great flavor, insane vapor, only one issue. It is very cool, the coolest vape I have ever had.

Here are my settings:
Preheat: 150W
Wattage: 100W
Temperature: 460F

If I raise the temperature it starts to get burnt. It is a great vape, just really cool. Has anyone else experienced this? It is probably just the way the TFV4 is but just wanted to make sure. And the drip tip airflow is closed. I have also tried other drip tips, same thing.

If you like a cooler vape, I highly recommend this setup.

I was having the same problem , cool vape and hitting temp protect on each puff, I'm using the 2 coil prebuilt and was at 150w preheat 480 degrees at 65 watts, I changed the resistance to .14 because on the coil box it says .12(+2) and changed the preheat to 60watts, so my setup now is 60 watt preheat 520 degrees at 62 watts and the vape gradually gets warmer the longer the pull with no temp protect cutting in. Hope that helps.