[Feature Request] Kanthal Wattage Ramp-Up?

Yes, sorry!
The Segelei 150w is the device I'm really comparing with the DNA200.

I'm not entirely sure what it is about the DNA200 that ruins the flavor compared to the Segelei during this process, but my guess would have to be the way it delivers wattage to the coil. It's far too quick.

Agreed.

Same build / tank removed from my DNA 200, to a DNA 40 (same wattage) is giving a smoother, less aggressive ramp up; delicious flavors ensue.

510 connection is new, clean and solid on both, so it's not that. Batteries full on both.

I know it's different because there is less crackly, mouth-burning sputtering on the DNA 40. It's like butter.

The difference is subtle, but I have a sensitive roof of my mouth that gets burned and vaped-out easily -- like if you drank hot tea a little too fast and end up feeling it all day and even the next day.

One watt can make the difference.

(Which is why I also want temp control that allows 1 degree adjustment.)

Ok.   Put in a value in "mod resistance" in escribe.  You want to mimic the resistance drop that the 40 is seeing but not compensating for.  Start with .007 and test.  Move the figure up and down and see the result.  

In wattage mode, the only issue should be that the DNA200 has a factor for the resistance of the mod that it subtracts from the resistance of the total to arrive at the resistance of the coil.

blueridgedog said:

Ok.   Put in a value in "mod resistance" in escribe.  You want to mimic the resistance drop that the 40 is seeing but not compensating for.  Start with .007 and test.  Move the figure up and down and see the result.  

In wattage mode, the only issue should be that the DNA200 has a factor for the resistance of the mod that it subtracts from the resistance of the total to arrive at the resistance of the coil.

Genius.

I'm absolutely going to try this.

Thanks for this!