Vapecige Battery option !!!

Popeye

I know there are a few people waiting for news on a good one that fits, but i can confirm that the Turnigy nano tech 1300mah DOES fit and it is a massive upgrade.

Useable battery life has doubled for me, even at higher wattages.

The exact battery is the 25-50c battery, the higher one will not fit.

I didn't like how tight the connectors were (fitment wise, inside the box) so i got rid and soldered the battery straight to the board.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11903__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

This one does fit, but you will need to swap the connector over, or solder it to the board.

• 2 weeks later...
Popeye said:

I know there are a few people waiting for news on a good one that fits, but i can confirm that the Turnigy nano tech 1300mah DOES fit and it is a massive upgrade.

Useable battery life has doubled for me, even at higher wattages.

The exact battery is the 25-50c battery, the higher one will not fit.

I didn't like how tight the connectors were (fitment wise, inside the box) so i got rid and soldered the battery straight to the board.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__11903__Turnigy_nano_tech_1300mah_3S_25_50C_Lipo_Pack.html

This one does fit, but you will need to swap the connector over, or solder it to the board.

I just ordered one, my luck with mine finally ran out. Still works but #3 cell is out of whack.
Thanks for the info.

So here is a screen shot of why I'm replacing the battery although I'm not exactly certain that the battery is the problem. I disassembled it this morning and found some kind of crude built up on #3 solder joint of the balance connector. I probably should have re-soldered it after I cleaned it off but it looked good.  I'll find out when I replace the battery I guess. I tried charging it with the rc balance charger that came with my Hotcig DX200 and all it did was overcharge the two good cell to 4.28 volts. Since failure charging with little RC charger I'm pretty sure now that the battery is at fault here.
[image] 

dwcraig1 said:

So here is a screen shot of why I'm replacing the battery although I'm not exactly certain that the battery is the problem. I disassembled it this morning and found some kind of crude built up on #3 solder joint of the balance connector. I probably should have re-soldered it after I cleaned it off but it looked good.  I'll find out when I replace the battery I guess. I tried charging it with the rc balance charger that came with my Hotcig DX200 and all it did was overcharge the two good cell to 4.28 volts. Since failure charging with little RC charger I'm pretty sure now that the battery is at fault here.
[image] 

For diagnosis, consider measuring the voltage actually on the balance connector pads versus what device manager reports. If they differ, it's the board; if they don't, it's the battery or wiring.

• 2 weeks later...

So after installing the new battery all was well.....at first anyway. After leaving the mod sit unused for a couple of days cell #3 is at 3.90 volts while 1 & 2 are at 4.20 volts (after charging). I'm really not sure but I'd guess that the board is draining down #3 when not in use. I see quite a few posts with a similar problem. Anyone got some ideas?

• 1 month later...