Vaporshark DNA 200 Case Thermals and Battery Setting

dusk1911

Hey There,

Just got my hand on a VS200, when i plugged it in, it asked for FW update which i did, but upon reboot it said that the configuration is not complete 

Could someone please post the battery setting (i currently have it on 9.99 with 3.09 cutoof) and the Case Thermals ?

@ tc258 I recently got my Vaporshark, but when I connected to escribe it didn't seem to have any VS specific settings. Either that, or they were overwritten when I updated the firmware. From your screenshot it looks like you saved your default settings - I don't suppose you've still got the file?

Thanks Spirometry! I emailed Vaporshark for the file a few days ago, but no response as yet.

"Restore Defaults" seems to reset to the settings to the Evolv factory defaults, rather than those specifically for the Vaporshark. The file file you uploaded had some significant differences, particularly the battery capacity & discharge profile and also the Electrical and Thermal properties settings were out too.

I'll go with those and see how it works out...

• 4 weeks later...
dusk1911 said:

Thanks ,, the battery WH is kinda strange 

Anyone ever hear from VaporShark on why they use 10.22 for watt hours, when most use 9.99? Maybe that's what they got when testing a brand new battery, which is supposedly a "FullyMax FB900HP-3S, 11.1V Lipo pack", same ones sold on Evolv site. I have not tried to pry mine out of the case yet. Not a huge difference, but can effect battery readout. I usually only see a 98% when my battery is finished charging, only once did it ever show 100%. Way back in August, someone posted on ECF, that VS responded to their question on buying a replacement battery from them, and they said "coming soon". I just looked at their website and see no such battery for sale, only a send in program to replace a DNA40 battery, odd?

they used 10.22 because they claim thats what they got after running anylyser. i think that value is the best case scenario . i also found that the .007 mod resistance they have is a little high. when i tested my pack i got 9.8 wh and the mod resistance came out as .005 so im now using those values. i also found that i needed to raise the cutoff to 3.2 or 3,3 because the cells become unbalnced with the stock 3.09 cutoff. since i made these changes my pack has been alot closer in voltage when im promted with weak battery .

kraze6548 said:

they used 10.22 because they claim thats what they got after running anylyser. i think that value is the best case scenario . i also found that the .007 mod resistance they have is a little high. when i tested my pack i got 9.8 wh and the mod resistance came out as .005 so im now using those values. i also found that i needed to raise the cutoff to 3.2 or 3,3 because the cells become unbalnced with the stock 3.09 cutoff. since i made these changes my pack has been alot closer in voltage when im promted with weak battery .

Yeah, I got 005, as well, have not done the full battery test yet. How can you tell your cells are NOT balanced with the 3.09 cutoff, that's the stock setting I'm still using? EDIT: Just looked, Actually, the VS setting that it came set to is 3.05

• 2 weeks later...
kraze6548 said:

Have you tried to run the case analyzer yourself at all? When I do it the thermal values seem to be way different from what the Vaporshark comes pre loaded with. My case cooling value for example is 284.17 s whereas by Vaporshark's default is 1000 s, and so on. I'm interested as to why this is. I would understand maybe a hundred or so difference but over 700 seems to me like a very substantial and concerning difference. 

I would naturally seem to trust the manufautures values first. However 1000 s just seems like an out of place number when we are dealing with hundreths of a value. Its just out of place. Also given the fact that they think our batteries are 10.22 Wh and a 3.09 soft cutoff. Makes me suspect that perhaps I shouldn't relye on the stock settings. Any thoughts, input, suggestions,and or first hand expirence would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Default_Mod_Values.png