battery and case analyzer issues

Taver13

When running either the battery or case analyzer on my dna200, before the test ends, on either, it will say usb disconnected, at exactly the same spot.  On the battery analyzer when voltage reaches 3.7 (soft cutoff is still set at 3.09 so thats not it)  and with the case analyzer at 85 degrees i believe, any help would be appreciated.  thanks all.

EDIT:  yes, i tried many different usb cables

That's why it seems more like a PC issue. You could try MSCONFIG and disable both Startup and non Microsoft items. In Escribe perform a Hard Reboot of your DNA Mod. I assume you're using the most current version of Escribe https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/ and the firmware has been updated.

it looks like i need to update escribe real quick, and that may solve the problem.  thank you for bringing this to my attention, and i am kinda kicking myself for not thinking of it myself. >:(   after i install, and do a hard reboot, i will give the tests another go, and if i am still unsucessful, i will report back and delve further.  if i am sucessful, i will report back as well.  once again, thank you for responding and lending a hand

I'm  still thinking this is an issue with your PC, you skipped over the MSCONFIG changes. Click on the Start menu and type in MSCONFIG, apply the following changes and then restart your PC. edit: If you have selectively Disabled any items manually before then make note of them otherwise to undo these changes click Enable All and restart. Question - what PC do you have?

MSCONFIG.jpg

I was looking at your Dell's specs, Windows XP, 1 GB RAM, etc .. what I'd recommend next is finding a PC that you could at least try to use to absolutely rule in or out your PC. That's my feeling all along. Additionally, I assume you're using the supplied USB cable that came with your DNA 200 Mod. Evolv doesn't publish minimum system specs but I've got to imagine your PC falls in that arena.

It's running Windows 7 with 2 gig ram and a Pentium M processor 1.73ghz. It was upgraded a while back. I did not receive a usb as I only received a chip. The mod was custom built myself out of stabilized wood. I'm going to see if I can use another pc to rule that out

I just download and installed escribe on my wife's new laptop and am running the case analyzer. It has been about ten minutes now with no disconnect which is further than I was getting on mine so I believe you are correct about the minimum requirements. I also noticed on her pc that my settings downloads much much quicker than they would have on mine. Once the case analyzer is complete I will post a screenshot of device monitor on my pc

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same exact issue. The same USB disconnected error.  I've tried everything suggested on this particular post and nothing seems to work.  The only difference I'm seeing is my error doesn't occur in the same spot. It's different every time.  Sometimes after 5 pulses. Sometimes after 16 pulses. I do suspect it is a memory issue with the computer since there is a lot of computer information exchange during the test.
That being said, I also tried a brand new "powered" usb hub just in case the device was drawing too much power to allow the program to work properly.  No difference.  Short of getting a new computer, I'm out of ideas.  I'm assuming usb 2.0 which is what my computer runs might just not be fast enough for the real time digital exchange.  Maybe usb 3.0 will fare better results.  Just an idea.  Any other ideas?