VT200 need warranty service

kevmac

My VT200 has crapped the bed on me.After having trouble charging the cell(it never really held a charge)I got my first warranty message so I purchased a direct replacement battery.After setting it at 11.1 on Escribe it did the same thing and was unchargeable after about a week.I'd like to send it in for warranty service but I can't get in touch w/ the vendor (Vape street)due to a security issue on line at their site.I also tried to contact Hcigar but they haven't responded to my request for an address to sent it to. Others have also had contact issues w/ Hcigar I've been told. I could really use some help.

kevmac said:

My VT200 has crapped the bed on me.After having trouble charging the cell(it never really held a charge)I got my first warranty message so I purchased a direct replacement battery.After setting it at 11.1 on Escribe it did the same thing and was unchargeable after about a week.I'd like to send it in for warranty service but I can't get in touch w/ the vendor (Vape street)due to a security issue on line at their site.I also tried to contact Hcigar but they haven't responded to my request for an address to sent it to. Others have also had contact issues w/ Hcigar I've been told. I could really use some help.

you can wait for hcigar to respond or desolder the board yourself. then open a ticket with evol. what did you set at 11.1? watt hours right? have you - done a hard reboot? reinstall the LATEST firmware?  made sure your xt30 connector and jst xh balance connector are  firmly in place?  what do your cell and pack voltages look like in device monitor. if the cells are very low you can try "USB Recovery Charging". this function may need to be performed more than once. here's a screen shot of my vt200 battery settings and what my battery looks like in device monitor.
good_stuff.png 
pipy.png 

Thanks so much,I'll try what you've laid out for me. I envy the knowledge so many of the forum members have on tech issues and computer skills.I'm a 60 yr. old novice at best when it comes to all things computer,thank God for friends.Thanks again.

kevmac said:

Thanks so much,I'll try what you've laid out for me. I envy the knowledge so many of the forum members have on tech issues and computer skills.I'm a 60 yr. old novice at best when it comes to all things computer,thank God for friends.Thanks again.

you're not alone when it comes to being a novice with comps. i sometimes find myself reaching for a hammer when it comes to computers. i will TRY to help whoever with whatever i can. there are some people that know their way around PC's in this forum - VapingBad - is one of them.