REULEAUX SAYS CHECK BATTERY WHEN FIRE BUTTON PRESSED

Logan314

I have Reuleaux DNA 200 and when the fire button is pressed it says CHECK BATTERY, and has Displayed WARRANTY SERVICE once and that went away. I have attached a screen shot of the device monitor screen. All three batteries currently in the device show 4.02 volts on a DVOM and were charged via LUC 4 bay charger.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? It was working fine last night. EVOVLV_Reuleaux_SNIP.png 

there is an issue with triple 18650 devices that if the contacts are not spot on you get exactly the same symptoms, the warranty service issue could mean only two out of the three are making good contact with the terminals. Make sure all six contacts are good, the reverse protection system on the reuleauxis done manually with the sled, this can stop the batteries making a good connection

Logan314 said:

I have Reuleaux DNA 200 and when the fire button is pressed it says CHECK BATTERY, and has Displayed WARRANTY SERVICE once and that went away. I have attached a screen shot of the device monitor screen. All three batteries currently in the device show 4.02 volts on a DVOM and were charged via LUC 4 bay charger.  Anyone have any ideas how to fix this? It was working fine last night. EVOVLV_Reuleaux_SNIP.png 

the dna is seeing absolutely no voltage. it's basically as if no battery were present. you have a definite connection issue somewhere between the battery sled and board. drop the device or run it at a high wattage and low ohm build? you have different batteries to try in the device? lewisss is correct in saying the reverse battery protection on the dna relo can get in the way of a solid connection when it comes to certain batteries. will the device turn on or at least try, when removing and reinstalling the batts? or only turns on when connected to the usb? your ground screw snug? (located behind the foam plug in the battery sled, gold plated screw). you confident on opening the device up and checking all the solder joints, wires and fuse?