Problem getting off board fire switch working

I have been having problems using remote fire switch on multiple boards. I have removed the inside of on board switches and used the 2 upper fire switch holes to go to Mitech fire switch using 24awg silicone wire. But every oard I hook up this way acts like it is firing by itself.
Do I need to put 100 ohm resister on the pads under switch?

bnitch said:

I have been having problems using remote fire switch on multiple boards. I have removed the inside of on board switches and used the 2 upper fire switch holes to go to Mitech fire switch using 24awg silicone wire. But every oard I hook up this way acts like it is firing by itself.
Do I need to put 100 ohm resister on the pads under switch?

i think you only need resistors when dealing with lighted buttons, which yours is not, correct? you're saying after you solder the external fire switch the dna 'auto fires'? and on every board you try this button on? are you sure, absolutely sure, you're not accidentally bridging the solder points creating a short? re-check your solder joints make sure they are neat and clean. does the board stop auto firing when you remove (desolder) your mitech switch? it would be great if you could post some pictures of the board, close up. especially where you soldered to the board, your switch, wiring, type of enclosure etc.  

This is another board I have tried to hookup an off board switch to and it autofired till the screen froze or more like the board locked up. Could it be latest firmware?  It also does the same thing with just the usb connected and no battery.

IMG_20160309_210913.jpg