Full power Autofire.

Shooter03

Hey guys long time lurker first time poster, I've had my DNA up and running for some time now, at least 4 months. Anywho I did my usual and plugged it in to charge last night on my pc with device manager open just to keep a eye on things and it was fully charged this morning so I unplugged it and screwed my rda on. About 5-10 secs later it started autofiring at what I'm guessing was full power cause what juice I had on the cotton must have dried up pretty quick and I could see my coils starting to glow red as I was unscrewing the rda. My rda was red hot and the cotton burnt. I took the lid off my box and it smelled warm but not burnt I don't think. Now I know it was locked when I unplugged it so I tried to press the fire button with no rda and nothing came up on the screen, I was running late for work so I've unplugged the battery and set it aside and I had a look at the fuse and it looks ok but I'll have a better look when I get home. Any ideas as to what could have happened? It hasn't been dropped or bumped or anything I mean all I did was my usual morning routine. I've emailed evolve about it cause I'm tipping it's dead. I'll try and plug it into escribe when I get home.

it happened to me with my first build, what I was doing at the time was only coinsidental , a piece of clipped off coil leg had dropped inside onto the board and shorted across a component and burned it out as well as fireing the atty, 

I think the piece of wire was probably rattling around in there for a few days before coming into contact with a live component and then shorted the whole thing..

So got home and I plugged my DNA into the pc and screen came on and everything looked normal. Screwed a rda in and it completely dropped out from escribe, unscrew it and escribe recognises it again. I'm like huh that's weird. Cleaned out the 510 totally, got my battery, plugged it in plugged it back into the pc and this pops up........ So yeah I think it's fucked. Oh well it lasted a couple of months at least.

image.jpg