Mod just stopped working without being plugged in.

Darklyspectre

• 6 months later...
Chris L said:

I don't mean to raise up an old post. I just bought a Lavabox this past Friday and this exact thing happened on Sunday. This is my first DNA device ever, my most expensive mod to date, and it's the only one not working. Needless to say I'm not very pleased so far.

you blew the fuse? is that what you mean by 'the same exact thing'? if you just bought the mod see if you can exchange it for a new one. you've got few options.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like my Lavabox just had the same thing happen, the only way it works is if the USB is connected to it, but why it would bust the fuse with normal use is kinda scary, only two months old, almost all tank use on it, blew the fuse with a crown tank, .5 ohm coil.  Woke up for work hit it a couple times and then it didn't work, figured I locked it Because I have it set to lock after two clicks, but it was just dead.  How do I get this fixed?

ShawnKR said:

Looks like my Lavabox just had the same thing happen, the only way it works is if the USB is connected to it, but why it would bust the fuse with normal use is kinda scary, only two months old, almost all tank use on it, blew the fuse with a crown tank, .5 ohm coil.  Woke up for work hit it a couple times and then it didn't work, figured I locked it Because I have it set to lock after two clicks, but it was just dead.  How do I get this fixed?

i'm sure volcano ecigs has a return policy as your device is only two months old. does it fire when plugged into the usb? what i'm asking is, are you using the usb just to wake the device up, then disconnect the usb and vape?

I've actually already sent it to Evolv, they (you) are going to look and see if it is a problem with the board, or the fuse, or the battery.

To answer your question though, the mod would do nothing unless the USB was plugged into the board, I didn't try to fire it after it first wouldn't come on though, didn't want to push it.  The board would come on with the battery plugged in or not plugged in as long as the USB was plugged in, with just the USB plugged in with no battery, the battery indicator was empty but still had all my presets and uploaded screens.  With the USB and battery plugged in, the battery indicator showed to be charging and that the battery was at like 70%.  Escribe was still working fine, I'm pretty sure it was the fuse, after reading more here, what worries me is why the fuse would be blown.