Jump to content

Add LED Functionality to the 1A DNA200 chips


xevape
 Share

Recommended Posts

So basically I was tasked with stripping a DNA 200 from a 2A vaporshark and found some interesting components and differences.   I then decided to see if the 1A board could house the LED's,  the same LED functionality as the 2A chip and found that they are all looped together but if you add all 3 LED's you get the fire and charge functionality.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_LMA9LgWKh/

top LED is GROUND/POSITIVE
bottom left is GROUND/POSITIVE
bottom right is POSITIVE/GROUND
2015-12-11_21_28_13-XEVape_aka_Xboxexpert_(@xevape)_...os_and_videos.jpg 


If you need more guidance or are interested in adding LED's just hit me up it was pretty simple.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

xevape said:

So basically I was tasked with stripping a DNA 200 from a 2A vaporshark and found some interesting components and differences.   I then decided to see if the 1A board could house the LED's,  the same LED functionality as the 2A chip and found that they are all looped together but if you add all 3 LED's you get the fire and charge functionality.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_LMA9LgWKh/

top LED is GROUND/POSITIVE
bottom left is GROUND/POSITIVE
bottom right is POSITIVE/GROUND
2015-12-11_21_28_13-XEVape_aka_Xboxexpert_(@xevape)_...os_and_videos.jpg 


If you need more guidance or are interested in adding LED's just hit me up it was pretty simple.


hey xevape can you post some more pics of that vs board. im trying to find the differences in components for the charging circuits. 1a vs 2a. evolv said the vs board is slightly longer and has different charging components.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

xevape said:

[QUOTE=jurdanas]"xevape"
COOL. Thank you. I understand , but which use "LED" model? "smd 0603 ??????" ? Please, if you can.



Yes[/QUOTE]

Not full answer o.O .  SMD0603 have about 240 manufacturer model. o.O

http://eu.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Indication/_/N-b1d1k?Keyword=led+smd+0603&FS=True
http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pageSize=25&st=led+smd+0603&catalogId=15001&categoryId=700000006139&langId=44&storeId=10151

Thank you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

jurdanas said:

[QUOTE=xevape][QUOTE=jurdanas]"xevape"
COOL. Thank you. I understand , but which use "LED" model? "smd 0603 ??????" ? Please, if you can.



Yes[/QUOTE]

Not full answer o.O .  SMD0603 have about 240 manufacturer model. o.O

http://eu.mouser.com/Optoelectronics/LED-Indication/_/N-b1d1k?Keyword=led+smd+0603&FS=True
http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pageSize=25&st=led+smd+0603&catalogId=15001&categoryId=700000006139&langId=44&storeId=10151

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

Lens Color/Style = Water Clear   Orientation = Top View   Package / Case = 0603   Mounting Style = SMD/SMT   


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
xevape said:

So basically I was tasked with stripping a DNA 200 from a 2A vaporshark and found some interesting components and differences.   I then decided to see if the 1A board could house the LED's,  the same LED functionality as the 2A chip and found that they are all looped together but if you add all 3 LED's you get the fire and charge functionality.

https://www.instagram.com/p/_LMA9LgWKh/

top LED is GROUND/POSITIVE
bottom left is GROUND/POSITIVE
bottom right is POSITIVE/GROUND
2015-12-11_21_28_13-XEVape_aka_Xboxexpert_(@xevape)_...os_and_videos.jpg 


If you need more guidance or are interested in adding LED's just hit me up it was pretty simple.





Thank you for the board pictures.  I have looked at your Instagram and did not find my answer.  If you could recall I would greatly appreciate it.

The vaporshark is said to have a green fully charged LED, I do not recall if mine ever did but it does not now.  I believe it must be a bipolar green/red in the charge position.  Do you recall if it is the same LED?  I am attempting to confirm before probing as I do not have a good mini probe rig.

Thank you for any help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ratboy0883 said:




Thank you for the board pictures.  I have looked at your Instagram and did not find my answer.  If you could recall I would greatly appreciate it.

The vaporshark is said to have a green fully charged LED, I do not recall if mine ever did but it does not now.  I believe it must be a bipolar green/red in the charge position.  Do you recall if it is the same LED?  I am attempting to confirm before probing as I do not have a good mini probe rig.

Thank you for any help.

the vaporshark dna 200 does not have a green led. blue when fire button is pressed. red while charging. nothing (red led turns off) when fully charged.


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ratboy0883 said:

So the green is only on the earlier versions and not in the 200? Thank you ChunkyButt200, I wish this was more clear on vaporshark website. They refer to green on all others but don't mention LEDs for DNA200.

correct, @Ratboy0883. no green led's on the dna 200. 2 blue, 1 red that's it.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 years later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...