98% After Over Night Charge

We87

Most of the time after I leave my DNA200 on a 1amp charger overnight I wake up to it at 98% I have tried a few different usb pucks (half amp, one amp, two amp, different brands, etc) and I have tried a few different cables. Same thing happens. If I "wake up" the DNA and leave it without unplugging it, it'll usually charge to the full 100% Anybody else run into that issue? Battery is the Evolv 900 lipo

The battery percentage is only as accurate as the calibration (the user can do this too). If it is off a little, the percentage will be off a little. After charging, are the cells either 4.10v or 4.20v? If so, then they are charged up.

BillW50 said:

The battery percentage is only as accurate as the calibration (the user can do this too). If it is off a little, the percentage will be off a little. After charging, are the cells either 4.10v or 4.20v? Ig so, then they are charged up.

Great question. I never check the actual voltage because my screens are set to not show that. I'll hook it up to escribe and check though. As far as I know I calibrated the battery watt hours. Maybe I didn't do it correctly though. I'll check that too.

i have run into this as well. however, with the newest firmware (the beta one), when mine stop charging around the 96%-98% mark, the new firmware notices the charge cycle being complete and just resets it to 100%. with older versions of firmware i had to wake the devices up, take a puff or two, while the usb was still plugged in to squeeze in the last few percent of the charge.

but pretty much what billw50 said. the watt hour counter is an estimation. so when the charging stops at 96%-98%, it is pretty much fully charged and wh counter might be off a little.