NotchCoil TC with SS316 profile not really working

kismetcapitan

I was pretty excited to snag one of the first Theorems and play with the new NotchCoil, only to find that the base ohm reading is totally freaking out on all my DNA 200 mods (I've got two Panzers and several Reuleaux). Locked ohms, but it still acts like it needs to compensate, like running the temperature 100 degrees higher than my target (about 450 fahrenheit).

Anyways, I just couldn't get it to run right, and on a whim I threw it on one of my tester/"junk" mods, a VTC Mini. How depressing it is that the stock SS316 setting on this little mod nails the TC of the NotchCoil and is vaping correctly at the target 450 degrees.

Being a dedicated DNA 200 user however, I obviously want the same or better performance. How do I get more precision in my SS316 profile, especially as you can't enter the .00092 TCR for SS316 as it only lets you go down to .001? As temps rise, that .00008 difference becomes exponentially greater.

I am using the latest beta EScribe and firmware, *** 2016-02-29 EScribe 1.0.42 **, it will let me enter .00092. But I have no 316 wire so I can't try it out. It appears to me that the 316 in EScribe is already using that value.
I must admit that I'm some what confused as I come up with .00088 when using Steamengine.
Everything seems to indicate that .00092 is the correct value, I'm not sure how I came up with .00088....LOL

kismetcapitan said:

I was pretty excited to snag one of the first Theorems and play with the new NotchCoil, only to find that the base ohm reading is totally freaking out on all my DNA 200 mods (I've got two Panzers and several Reuleaux). Locked ohms, but it still acts like it needs to compensate, like running the temperature 100 degrees higher than my target (about 450 fahrenheit).

Anyways, I just couldn't get it to run right, and on a whim I threw it on one of my tester/"junk" mods, a VTC Mini. How depressing it is that the stock SS316 setting on this little mod nails the TC of the NotchCoil and is vaping correctly at the target 450 degrees.

Being a dedicated DNA 200 user however, I obviously want the same or better performance. How do I get more precision in my SS316 profile, especially as you can't enter the .00092 TCR for SS316 as it only lets you go down to .001? As temps rise, that .00008 difference becomes exponentially greater.

Might be too late, however, per DJLSBVapes' website:

316LSS:
TCR: 404ºF
(0.00100 instead of 0.00092 DNA200 doesn’t allow that TCR)
CSV: 387ºF