Warranty Error

redwolfe90

John said:

Warranty error means that the logic voltage regulator is running out of spec. That could be due to a soft short circuit somewhere in the logic circuitry, a total battery voltage under 4v, or similar. Basically it means the output isn't going to be correct, and often the root cause will cause firing or charging issues as well.

So what do you recommend I do or try? These I'm selling and don't want the customers to have complaints right from the start.

So I tested my battery with with the other chip and that chip would not even power on so I put that battery on my LiPo rc car charger and it is definitely a bad battery, I will have a New battery here on Tuesday and let you know if am still having issues. Update: So I got a New battery and installed it and now the chip is working as it should. Problem seems to be solved.

• 10 months later...

my screen popped up the "warranty service" message as well today, my vt200 fires for a second or 2 then the message pops up. attempted to connect to escribe but i keep getting an error saying it cannot figure out the version, so whats going on?

EDIT: got it to connect to my pc, when i tried connecting it to my evolve software i got an eeprom error

Floydicus said:

my screen popped up the "warranty service" message as well today, my vt200 fires for a second or 2 then the message pops up. attempted to connect to escribe but i keep getting an error saying it cannot figure out the version, so whats going on?

EDIT: got it to connect to my pc, when i tried connecting it to my evolve software i got an eeprom error

9/10 "warranty service" is an RMA issue. you could try to reinstall the firmware, hard and soft reboots, if you can get escribe to recognize the device.