Warranty Error

redwolfe90

I was uploading some profiles to my DNA200 board and shortly after I was vaping on it for less than 30 seconds when I started to hear an odd ticking noise. I unplugged the USB and atty, and then I tried starting up the board with the fire button, but kept getting the startup screen on the board. Once I plugged it back into USB, it started up to the second logo screen, and then showed "Warranty" I took a quick video with my phone showing what happens. I did upload the 07-09-2015 firmware to this board.

I am a little frustrated since I was able to use it no less than 24 hours. I also somehow managed to pop the fuse and  the fire button on my first board yesterday while I was assembling the test mod.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkaCDfVfAnk[/video]

Hmm.

Blinking like that would suggest the processor is browning out, actually. "Warranty Service" would show for that case as well.

When you plug into USB, try this: left click seven times on EScribe's logo in Help->About. Then go into Device Monitor. What is Bandgap reading? (If Bandgap is off, all the other readings will be too. My Bandgap reads 1.03V -- it should be generally around a volt).

What do you mean by 'popped the fire button', by the way?

Here's the bandgap reading 
Screenshot_2015-07-14_21.58.39.png 

What I mean by popped the fire button, i think I arced it against the case by accident when I was assembling with the first board.

I also noticed in the device manager, that the battery pack was discharging at an odd rate as it was connected.

With USB plugged in? (Without USB and with bandgap that high, it'll think the battery is extremely low, and will just turn itself off.)

Also, just on the off chance it might be software, could you PM me the .ecig file you uploaded with profiles?

Hmm. Ok. Tell you what...

Try updating the firmware on the popped-fuse board, just connected to USB (no battery). Then take the fuse from the high-bandgap one and put it on the popped-fuse board. Then you'll have one working board. Send us back the other one and we'll investigate what could have happened and send you a replacement. :) [If you're uncomfortable with swapping the fuse we can replace two of course.]

• 2 weeks later...

I just received 5 chips and finished installing my 4th, when I turned it on the screen started flashing "warranty service" I plugged it up to escribe and did a firmware update. I am not receiving the error anymore but it says my New battery has 0% all the others had around 50%. It is possible that the battery is bad, since my batteries are hard wired and I'm waiting on a replacement battery for my 5th chip due to them shipping 1 odd ball battery that I didn't order, I will see if the one I have installed takes a charge if not when the New comes in I will try that one. Any other suggestions?

Warranty error means that the logic voltage regulator is running out of spec. That could be due to a soft short circuit somewhere in the logic circuitry, a total battery voltage under 4v, or similar. Basically it means the output isn't going to be correct, and often the root cause will cause firing or charging issues as well.