remote 510 connector option?

I'm planning out a desktop mod powered by a wall-power psu in lieu of batteries and I want to have the 510 connection and fire button on a remote handheld piece that connects to the base station via a removable connector. how beefy do I need to go with the connector? Will a little 4 pin aviation connection do the trick or do I need something power rated for the 55 peak amps the chip will put out? 

It is hard to say and depends a lot on length, I have not attempted to build something like this so no expert at all, but personally I would look at 12 gauge silicon or ptfe insulated at the very least.  I would have a short bit of 14 gauge between the board an plug, but run the majority in 12 or thicker.

yeah looking at 12 ga silicone between the connector and 510. probably only about 3-5 ft in length. I'm pretty new to this whole thing but I read in another thread that there is a way to calibrate the resistance of the chip to account for mod resistance. Would that help or is it even worth it with 1m+ of copper & a connector in the middle?

The first thing is the wire gauge needs to be able to handle 55 A without getting too hot, the second is to minimise resistance for accuracy & efficiency, I would think adjusting the mod res could get good results with 12 gauge.  The higher this resistance is the more power the board has to output so keeping it low is desirable. If you had the connector near the board it would be easier to switch to a thicker wire if needed.

Yeah with the remote just consisting of a holder for the 510 and fire switch it would be cake to swap out thicker wires between the connector and 510. looking like an xt60 for power connection and and audio jack for the fire button with the cables braided together is gonna be the way to go. Thanks for the help!