Post Wire Wizard CSV Profiles

howiroll

First time DNA 200 user and first post.  As a community we really need to start posting our Wire Wizard CSV files for our coils.  Especially if they aren't RBA builds.  I am having a difficult time finding all the measurements, leg length, size, and sometimes materials for manufactured coils on the market for wire wizard and if someone has these laying on there computer why not make them accessible here.  Would be a good starting point to getting temp control working well on new coils.

When you use only one coil material at a time, the only value that matters is the material choice.

The leg length, inner diameter, number of wraps and so on, only come into play when you combine two or more different materials in one coil. Then those values are needed to determine the relative resistance of each piece of wire, so that the calculator can find the total resistance factors for the combined coil at different temperatures.

Ahhh, Was not clear to me that temp control or temp points didn't change when anything but material was changed.  Was thinking to much into it and the dna200 uses the ohm reading to match up to temp points as a ratio.  Makes sense. 
If material is the only consideration, then that list really should be added to Eclipse.  Really shouldn't be that difficult I am a software developer and I will do that build for free, a port to Java for all you Mac and Linux users is another story ;)

Thanks for dealing with a newbie!

Hey. Am Also a newbie an thought exactly the same as you did . I understand what you mean as I have been using stock coils. I didn't even realise that the .25 Uwel crown was stainless steel temp control. Think a list of stock coil csv would be handy to have ? I have other could that I have no idea what the wire metering is. Eg vaporshark nautilus temp coils. Or is this just a sill request ?

• 3 months later...
donnievapes said:

I as well am a newbie! I have an Rx200 and a dna 200 and I was told that I can run either regular wattage mode for the crown tank coils. works fine in ss mode on the rx but can figure out the Dna 200 to save my life! Any csv files or temp curves that anyone knows of?

in search engine at the top of this page, do a search for "crown" or "316L". there are a LOT threads in this forum discussing temp controlling the crown ss heads. hope this helps.:)

donnievapes said:

I as well am a newbie! I have an Rx200 and a dna 200 and I was told that I can run either regular wattage mode for the crown tank coils. works fine in ss mode on the rx but can figure out the Dna 200 to save my life! Any csv files or temp curves that anyone knows of?

Try the TFR curve for 430 SS and see if that gets you in the ballpark.

• 5 months later...

So a .4ohm Aspire 326L Caption prebuilt would use the same default CSV from Wire Wizard, don't need to change anything other then set the wire type to clapton, and set each wire to 316L ? I thought I needed settings for each prebuilt brand

Dampmaskin said:

When you use only one coil material at a time, the only value that matters is the material choice.

The leg length, inner diameter, number of wraps and so on, only come into play when you combine two or more different materials in one coil. Then those values are needed to determine the relative resistance of each piece of wire, so that the calculator can find the total resistance factors for the combined coil at different temperatures.