VaporShark with Wireless charging?

yoseff

Hi
It was told to me that VS DNA200 had included QI charging capability.
I Have a wireless charger (Samsung) and when i put VS over it, leds start to blink red, yellow, green, but i do not see anything happening in VS.
Could it be that it is something yet to be enabled in firmware?
Thanks

Right. It has Zip Charging and when i use my 2A tablet's charger, it charges amazingly fast.

About QI charging, what is strange is that somehow the charger reacts to the VS presence... Maybe something on the board does that reaction.

For sure that would be a great feature to have from factory :)

Thanks for the answers

yoseff said:

Hi
It was told to me that VS DNA200 had included QI charging capability.
I Have a wireless charger (Samsung) and when i put VS over it, leds start to blink red, yellow, green, but i do not see anything happening in VS.
Could it be that it is something yet to be enabled in firmware?
Thanks

The Vapor Shark DNA 200 (900 mAh) does not nor will it offer wireless charging. Further, not all 'wireless chargers' are the same, you can easily damage the charger or the device. That doesn't rule out a Vapor Shark V2 with a wireless recharging solution. 

The 'Zip' aka 2A charging has no correlation to 'Wireless' the rDNA 40 Mod offered both. Since most wireless charging is for 1S, the DNA 200 is a 3S which would require a completely 'new' receiver and the since these cards were 'add-on's' in the past from Vapor Shark they were 0.5A .. not 1A .. certainly not 2A.

Also recharging a 'phone' that's laying down horizontally is one thing, laying your Mod with an Atty filled with ejuice is quite another .. which is one of the reasons the wireless on the VS Mods was more a gimmick than practical.

Jaquith said:

The Vapor Shark DNA 200 (900 mAh) does not nor will it offer wireless charging. Further, not all 'wireless chargers' are the same, you can easily damage the charger or the device. That doesn't rule out a Vapor Shark V2 with a wireless recharging solution. 

The 'Zip' aka 2A charging has no correlation to 'Wireless' the rDNA 40 Mod offered both. Since most wireless charging is for 1S, the DNA 200 is a 3S which would require a completely 'new' receiver and the since these cards were 'add-on's' in the past from Vapor Shark they were 0.5A .. not 1A .. certainly not 2A.

Also recharging a 'phone' that's laying down horizontally is one thing, laying your Mod with an Atty filled with ejuice is quite another .. which is one of the reasons the wireless on the VS Mods was more a gimmick than practical.

I understand and agree with most. I just did not wanted to have that feature, and having a QI base, not using it.

What i find quite strange is that reaction (and some clicks are heard inside the VS box)

Will not try again, anyway, as i do not want to damage QI base or DNA 200. :)

Zip Charging is very fast, so when needed, i just plug it - no problem

Thanks for the answer Jaquith.
I am very new to this DNA thing, so a lot to learn about it ;)

• 9 months later...

One of mine first post here! 
That was a good digging :)

After some months using DNA devices, i found that best charging solution is changing batteries and / or having several DNA devices (second option being better)

QI charging is nice, but to be usable on a mod should be in a way that the device charges standing up and at least at 1A (better 2A)

Anyway, I would like to give you a nice award : The great Golden Shovel :D

golden.png
And welcome to one of the best source of information for one of the finest piece of vaping equipment - The DNA Forum
What DNA device(s) you have, Keventory?