HCigar VT200 resistance reading

Gremdude

Hi everyone,

I just got my first DNA 200 device--the VT200. I love this mod and the eScribe software is amazing. I would say the one thing I am disappointed in is how the mod reads resistance. I was hoping that a DNA device would be super accurate with reading resistance. I have been using Smok mods for the most part up until now. I use TC exclusively and have gotten used to having to adjust the initial resistance in the Smok menu to get a perfect temp control experience. For example, the mod will read .34 ohms but the temp control will be very cool so I adjust the ohms up to .36 and then I get a good experience. This variance of .01 to .02 is pretty common. I was hoping I would get a DNA device and I would be able to just slam on an atomizer and go!

Nope!! Same thing as the Smok mods except I can't adjust the ohms on the mod! I have to go into the eScribe software to adjust it. This is NOT better than the Smok mod. If I am not close to a computer when I swap atomizers, I am out of luck and have to set the temp to 600 to get the experience I want. My VT200 has the brass 510 which I understand causes some resistance reading issues. I used DJ LSB's setting for the mod and he had the Mod Resistance set for .24 which is definitely wrong for the brass connector. He was using the Stainless 510 on the later VT200s. I played around with the Mod Resistance setting and have it set for 0 resistance now as this was getting the resistance closer to being correct but is still wrong being at least .01 low on the reading. I wish we could set the mod resistance to a negative number as this would enable me to overcome the inaccuracy. Anyone have a solution??

I think the guide you read has sent you in the wrong direction and not explained the basics of how DNA's work.   Ever since the 40 they have used refinement to get an accurate resistance reading that compensates for environment and some internal resistance, so there is no need to manually adjust resistance.   After you have taken a few puffs on a new build let it sit for a bit (5-30 mins, normally 5 is enough), the board will monitor how the coils cools and with a estimate of room temperature from a sensor on the board and calculate the base resistance.  Because it takes temperature into account, a range of temperatures, it is probably the most accurate resistance reading possible.

Those mod resistances seem far too high, 0.24 is ridiculas I can only imagine that is a mistake in the guide, even my highest reading mod a Reuleaux is 0.0036 ohm.  Better to set it to 0 than a value that is too high.

Sorry I meant .024 not .24. I have the mod resistance set for 0 right now as it reads the resistances .01-.02 low even with the HCigar recommended .setting of 007. Now it is still reading .005 to .01 off. Much better but still not perfect. I will try your puff and wait method. Thanks for your assistance!

VapingBad said:

I think the guide you read has sent you in the wrong direction and not explained the basics of how DNA's work.   Ever since the 40 they have used refinement to get an accurate resistance reading that compensates for environment and some internal resistance, so there is no need to manually adjust resistance.   After you have taken a few puffs on a new build let it sit for a bit (5-30 mins, normally 5 is enough), the board will monitor how the coils cools and with a estimate of room temperature from a sensor on the board and calculate the base resistance.  Because it takes temperature into account, a range of temperatures, it is probably the most accurate resistance reading possible.

Those mod resistances seem far too high, 0.24 is ridiculas I can only imagine that is a mistake in the guide, even my highest reading mod a Reuleaux is 0.0036 ohm.  Better to set it to 0 than a value that is too high.

Because when I try to Vape with the default resistance, the Vape is cooler then I am used to. Increasing the resistance .005 to .01 brings the Vape in line to what I am used to . Not a science I know but I think 480F should not be a cold Vape. It should be slightly warm, agreed?

Spirometry said:

How do you know your readings are .005 to .010 off?