Opus vapor???

dylang919

The website is gone for Opus vapor. Did they close down? I emailed Roger, but didn't get any response from him. That was 4 or 5 days ago now I believe. I have an Opus DNA 200 and even though it only has a 1000 mah 3 cell lipo, it's a really nice mod. I'm using it right now as a matter of fact. Anyway, anyone that knows what happened that can shed some light on the subject will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I've talked to Hana modz last week and they told me the V200 has been discontinued due to internal problems. No, I don't need warranty work, thank god. I was thinking about adding another Opus 200 to my collection (blue), went to the website, and it doesn't exist anymore. What if I did or god forbid ever do need warranty work? I guess I'm screwed since they apparently shut down shop without even a notice to any of their customers. I thought Roger was supposed to be a stand-up dude thats good friends with Brandon from Evolv or someone from there?

dylang919 said:

I've talked to Hana modz last week and they told me the V200 has been discontinued due to internal problems. No, I don't need warranty work, thank god. I was thinking about adding another Opus 200 to my collection (blue), went to the website, and it doesn't exist anymore. What if I did or god forbid ever do need warranty work? I guess I'm screwed since they apparently shut down shop without even a notice to any of their customers. I thought Roger was supposed to be a stand-up dude thats good friends with Brandon from Evolv or someone from there?

if push came to shove i am almost positive evolv would help you out if your opus needed repairs. let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

ChunkyButt200 said:

if push came to shove i am almost positive evolv would help you out if your opus needed repairs. let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

I just bought the Opus in early May and Roger had to put 1 in stock for me to purchase it. I guess people quit buying the Opus because the whole chip failure rate that was happening with the DNA 200. a whole bunch of mods had to have new boards put in. Opus blamed the DNA 200 and Evolv blamed the Opus enclosure for all of the board failures. It may have hurt the Opus name, I don't know. I know now that the website has disappeared and Roger hasn't responded back to my 2 emails. That's life I guess. I would like to know exactly what happened though. That's the type of person I am.

I found out about Opus Vapor. They stopped production on the Opus 200 because of DNA 200 high board failure, according to Roger that is. Same goes for Hana Modz. They no longer make the V200 due to internal problems. They didn't tell me if it was board related or not. I now have 20 DNA boards that I rotate and use on a daily basis and so far I have yet to pop a fuse (knock on wood). I know that it happens but the failure rate can't be that high or nobody would buy the DNA 200 ever.