Just got a Lost Vape Triade DNA 250 - charging question

Ethrem

Hello, just got my first DNA device and I'm really loving it but I was wondering about charging. Is there any reason I should not use the USB to charge other than the fact it's slower than rapid mode on an external charger? I ask this because this device is extremely tight fit with my 25R cells and I know it will chew through wraps like crazy moving them back and forth. I have a Luc V6 and two married pairs of 25Rs (this was my first 18650 mod, I have three Coolfire IV TC100s) but I set the Luc to 0.68v charging anyway and with the 2A balance charger in the DNA 250, it's not going to be much slower. Since all of the original DNA 200 devices used the USB for charging, I'm assuming that there is no real danger to using the USB port for charging provided you use a high quality USB cable and wall wort but I thought I would ask anyway. My computer charges it at around 1.5A which shocked me but the same Samsung wall wort and cable I have been using for all of my TC100s is pushing between 1.94 and 1.98A just fine. I'm using the TC100 itazte cable which is from Innokin and meant to support their 2A charging so I'm not concerned about the cable quality, it's by far the thickest microUSB I've used. Just putting the batteries in this thing, two of the batteries I was afraid were going to rip right at the positive. Bad design on Lost Vape's part. If this device was bottom loading, it would be so much better... And the battery door would be flush too. Thanks everyone for your help! Oh and Evolv, amazing job on escribe. I thought I was going to be inundated with it but I actually figured it out without reading a tutorial any further than enabling the full options in the app. I set up my batteries and even customized an SS316L profile for my Cleito coils which works fairly well (although I still think my TC100 is smoother and it can do Crown coils in TC quite well which the DNA just can't get right). Can't wait to get an RDA or an RDTA and start building my own coils for TC since the only option I have with my tanks is Ni200 Crown coils and I don't like them.

Charging by USB is fine on all the DNAs, I fine the 250 charges so fast I just top up charger for 20 mins about 3 times a day (10 Wh LiPo), with 3 18650s it would be roughly equivalent to 0.8-1.0 A free-standing charger (10 W / 3 cells).   If you have your battery capacity set too low it will reduce the charge rate to 1 C. 

I am not sure if you are saying you don't get enough current with your wall wart or not, I get lower rate from USB3 PC ports, but wall warts and power banks I always get 1.95 A or more with a good cable.

VapingBad said:

Charging by USB is fine on all the DNAs, I fine the 250 charges so fast I just top up charger for 20 mins about 3 times a day (10 Wh LiPo), with 3 18650s it would be roughly equivalent to 0.8-1.0 A free-standing charger (10 W / 3 cells).   If you have your battery capacity set too low it will reduce the charge rate to 1 C. 

I am not sure if you are saying you don't get enough current with your wall wart or not, I get lower rate from USB3 PC ports, but wall warts and power banks I always get 1.95 A or more with a good cable.

Oh no it charges just fine with the 2A cable I got with my Innokin, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to damage the USB over time like other cheaper mods. I'm using 25rs, I have them set up with the LiPo setting since that's the one that charges them to 4.2v, 27Wh (I put all the settings in the calculator - 2500mAh, 3 cells, 10.8) with a 2.6v cut off although I think these cells can go down to 2.5v if I remember correctly.