250 board won't fire with usb plugged in

Jvape78

Hey I've made a few dna mods and have a little experience. However , this dual 18650 build I just did with the new 250 board is giving me a little resistance. When I plug the USB in and go to device monitor panel my cell #3 reading seems very high at 1.79v. Now the total in the battery pack column only includes the value of cells 1&2 but last time I checked I thought 1.2-1.5 was where evolv wanted the 3rd cell to be (or under that). The second thing is that if I push the fire button with the USB in; I will get a check battery or wreak battery window and it will not fire. Is this something evolv did as a safety feature for the 2amp protection or is something funky going on? Thanks!

Yeah I believe so. If I had accidentally switched the taps that are supposed to go to positive battery end over to the negative end then I would think that would cause the board to not operate. No? The mod runs great. It's just seeing the cell 3 have that high of voltage and the non firing when USB plugged in. Other than that no issues at all...

oh........the mod fires????  then i wouldn't worry about the voltage cell 3 is reading. however, it won't fire while the mod is connected to escribe tho? it gives you a "check or weak battery" message on the board's screen? could you post a screenshot of device monitor while this is happening. have the important, useful battery options boxes ticked. we'll see what we can see.......

Jvape78 said:

The sharp drotp line is when fire is pushed momentarily

it's hard to tell from pictures of a monitor. you couldn't screenshot it using the snippit tool?

either way, that line that drops of sharply is the the "usb current". that and "usb power" will drop to 0 when the fire button is depressed (this is normal operation). the DNA 75/200/250 are designed to interrupt the charging process while the fire button is depressed. then slowly climb back up in current (soft start) to resume the charging cycle.

answer this......will the device fire while connected to escribe or if it is plugged in via USB to charge? if so, you're good to go.

No! That's the main reason why I wrote this thread lol ... got me stumped. The device will not normally fire while plugged in to a USB wether it be connecting to escribe or just a wall charger. One time out of 30 it might actually fire and not say check battery. I did notice the cell 3 fluctuate while fire. Went from 1.8 to 1.2 and everywhere in between.. Thank you for your help so far btw, greatly appreciated. If you need better quality images I can get screenshots off the computer I just have to log in evolv forums and I was being a little lazy earlier I guess with the phone pics.

Jvape78 said:

No! That's the main reason why I wrote this thread lol ... got me stumped. The device will not normally fire while plugged in to a USB wether it be connecting to escribe or just a wall charger. One time out of 30 it might actually fire and not say check battery. I did notice the cell 3 fluctuate while fire. Went from 1.8 to 1.2 and everywhere in between.. Thank you for your help so far btw, greatly appreciated. If you need better quality images I can get screenshots off the computer I just have to log in evolv forums and I was being a little lazy earlier I guess with the phone pics.

if the device fires fine when nothing's plugged into it but won't allow to fire the device with the USB plugged in, i would try reinstalling the firmware (re-flash it). if that doesn't solve it, take a good look at the board and make sure there's nothing that's visibly wrong with your soldering or burnt/missing board components. you might of damaged the board when you connected the balance taps wrong, not sure if balance taps are reverse battery protected like the main +/-. if all else fails open a help ticket with evolv from their website.

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add