First mod need help please!

nikoskater8

Hi everyone!
I recently bought my first dna 200 mod (flawless tugboat) is there anyone who could help me? i'm experiencing various issues as:

-coil is misreading (6 wraps of 22ga ss316 on 3mm is reading 0.10-0.11 on other mods and tabs) and on the dna200 reads it 0.05-0.09 

-if i lock my ohms (0.10) in tc mode or pwr mode i can see the lock icon beside the ohm reading on the box but as i fire they'll go down to 0.05 and it then stays like that.

-i had to set the mod resistance at 0.04 to make it read 0.10 otherwise it would read 0.14 (but i haven't analyzed in any accurate way, just some math to make it read 0.10)

-sometimes when i upload the setting to the device it'll show 0% battery so i have to do a soft reboot in order to make it display the right % again

-in tc mode if i set let's say 90w and whatever temperature even the highest i get temperature protected or i get little to no vapor at all

-sometimes in tc mode when i fire it goes straight to OFF and fires

i know it's a lot of things, but could someone please help me?

nikoskater8 said:

Hi everyone!
I recently bought my first dna 200 mod (flawless tugboat) is there anyone who could help me? i'm experiencing various issues as:

-coil is misreading (6 wraps of 22ga ss316 on 3mm is reading 0.10-0.11 on other mods and tabs) and on the dna200 reads it 0.05-0.09 

-if i lock my ohms (0.10) in tc mode or pwr mode i can see the lock icon beside the ohm reading on the box but as i fire they'll go down to 0.05 and it then stays like that.

-i had to set the mod resistance at 0.04 to make it read 0.10 otherwise it would read 0.14 (but i haven't analyzed in any accurate way, just some math to make it read 0.10)

-sometimes when i upload the setting to the device it'll show 0% battery so i have to do a soft reboot in order to make it display the right % again

-in tc mode if i set let's say 90w and whatever temperature even the highest i get temperature protected or i get little to no vapor at all

-sometimes in tc mode when i fire it goes straight to OFF and fires

i know it's a lot of things, but could someone please help me?

hi nikoskater8. i would make sure all of your connections are secure in your atty, use spaced wraps as well. 

as for guessing as to what your mod's internal resistance is, i would recommend setting it no higher than 0.005 for the time time being  until you're able to measure it correctly.

as for losing your watt hour capacity (battery bar) when uploading settings, in my footer you'll see "latest versions of EScribe", i recommend downloading and using the new 1.2 SP5 update, it solves a few issues, losing the battery meter is one of them. 

as for the screen saying off, it's because the base ohm reading isn't correct and DNA 200 isn't seeing a consistent rise is resistance, therefore kicking you out of TC. this is all do to poor connections. I.E. dirty 510 threads, center pin / loose post connections in your atty / touching and/or hot spots in your coil/coils (spaced coils are best for consistent TC). another possibility is incorrect wire CSV or your set wattage is too low, not allowing the coil to heat up fast enough for the board to recognize it as a TC wire.

ok so update done that fixed the % of the battery, atty and 510 connector cleaned with rubbing alcohol, screws on atty are tightened all the way and coils are spaced (not touching at all) but i'm still experiencing issues..
-ohms even if locked to 0.1 ohm, changes to 0.13-0.12 with the lock icon still showing
-at 80watt and 600F or 300C it fires the first time and then keeps showing temperature protected at whatever value i set; if i set it to OFF it fires normally 

go back into EScribe and set your mod resistance to 0 and upload that value to your tugboat. after that open atomizer analyzer and take note of the raw ohms. the reading should be fairly steady with only slight fluctuations. if the ohms are jumping around a lot, you could have a connection issue somewhere. what would also help is a screenshot of device monitor firing the build with these options ticked...........

(this is for a 75 but options are almost the same)
options_ticked.png

m
ake sure you're using the correct wire CSV for your wire.

atom analyzer started reading at 0,137 then stabilized at 0.01443 -0.0144 (peak at 0.0145 but mostly around 0.0143 - 0.0144 ). in reading it would seldom times for a fraction of sec read error in nominal ohms (temp) reading (see attached photo)

the material csv is the one provided by escribe (316) and this is the link of the wire with the specs that i'm using (http://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/products/316-Grade-Stainless-Steel-Wire--AISI-316----0.6mm--600-Micron---22-AWG--314.html#SID=89)

also attached the device monitor's screenshot

Schermata_2016-11-23_alle_00.16.48.png

Schermata_2016-11-23_alle_00.06.09.png

update:

left the mod sitting for 20 mins with atomizer analyzer opened and both raw and cold ohms read 0.287 ohms (0.29 on device) tired firing it from the mod, not from device monitor and i got some OFF for a fraction of second and then a 5 digit temperature and it was not an 80watts firing for sure, more in a 150 watts range if i have to guesstimate, with atom analyzer still on the values went back to 0.148-0.150 in raw ohms but stayed 0.287 in cold ohms.
closed and reopened the atom analyzer and i get 0.184 cold ohms and 0.154 - 0.155 raw ohms. the raw ohms seems to go up little by little if i'm letting the device sit without firing it

i've tried running the atomizer analyzer with a non tc premade coil (0.54- 0.55 on the tab) on a different atty and it reads 0.628 cold ohms and raw ohms going between 0.617 to 0.627 with some higher peak still in the 0.62-0.63 range and mostly in the 0.620 range
and another atty with 0.28 coil reading 0.347 cold ohms and 0.358 - 0.360 raw ohms and keeps going up after leaving it sit 
screwing back the original 0.1 atty (goon) it reads 0.22 raw ohms and no cold ohms after firing it it goes down to 0.16-0.17 both cold and raw ohms only to keep going up in raw ohms 

i don't know if it could help but i'm running the vmware fusion on a macbook to emulate windows xp and run escribe and also i haven't run no case nor battery analyzer, i've only set the Wh with the watts/hour calculator and the mah read on the lips pack and set a few custom screen images

EDIT:
i've tried the last atty i have (subzero 24) and with the same build as the first atty (goon) and it read 0.20 and over

should i do an hard reboot to reset the mod to factory settings and then re-apply the saved "general" backup file?

nikoskater8 said:

update:

left the mod sitting for 20 mins with atomizer analyzer opened and both raw and cold ohms read 0.287 ohms (0.29 on device) tired firing it from the mod, not from device monitor and i got some OFF for a fraction of second and then a 5 digit temperature and it was not an 80watts firing for sure, more in a 150 watts range if i have to guesstimate, with atom analyzer still on the values went back to 0.148-0.150 in raw ohms but stayed 0.287 in cold ohms.
closed and reopened the atom analyzer and i get 0.184 cold ohms and 0.154 - 0.155 raw ohms. the raw ohms seems to go up little by little if i'm letting the device sit without firing it

i've tried running the atomizer analyzer with a non tc premade coil (0.54- 0.55 on the tab) on a different atty and it reads 0.628 cold ohms and raw ohms going between 0.617 to 0.627 with some higher peak still in the 0.62-0.63 range and mostly in the 0.620 range
and another atty with 0.28 coil reading 0.347 cold ohms and 0.358 - 0.360 raw ohms and keeps going up after leaving it sit 
screwing back the original 0.1 atty (goon) it reads 0.22 raw ohms and no cold ohms after firing it it goes down to 0.16-0.17 both cold and raw ohms only to keep going up in raw ohms 

i don't know if it could help but i'm running the vmware fusion on a macbook to emulate windows xp and run escribe and also i haven't run no case nor battery analyzer, i've only set the Wh with the watts/hour calculator and the mah read on the lips pack

it's a connection issue, where? who knows. the res readings are off and TC isn't working properly because of a poor connection somewhere between the board, and possibly including, the 510 connector. i'm not familiar with how flawless grounds their 510 connectors. if they are grounding the 510 solely by the three board screws, i'd say give them a quick tightening to see if that clears up the resistance reading issues. this of course requires you to open up the mod.

edit...it appears flawless is relying on the three board screws for the 510 ground. they most likely need re-tightening and also a good cleaning between the mating surfaces of the two halves of the mod because the 510 is on the half without the board, so where the two halves of the mod join together is actually part of the 510 ground path. get what i'm saying? tighten screws - clean the two halves (the bare aluminum areas)

[image]