Therion battery configuration

evripidis

For 18650 I would set the cut off to 2.75 V, LiPo 3.1 V, it doesn't affect charging, it shouldn't affect battery health much other than not running batteries down extends the life a little (you get more benefit by not charging them to full though). I would not use the lower voltage for LiPos just to be extra cautious but I don't think the board would damage them anyway.  It will affect vape time on the 18650s because they have a fair bit of sag under load, so the knock on of that is it will make the mod throttle the voltage back earlier on the 18650s if you leave it set to 3.1 V.

The graphs should be different, are you selecting them from the list on the rhs so the wire is highlighted?  Yes to load new wires just download the csv from SE, but you can also start Escribe without any mod connected, select default DNA 75 config and save the wire profiles from that to you hard disk if they have got corrupted.

I would avoid using a single value TCRs where possible, they are less accurate than the curves.  If you are looking at the TCR value when you click advanced the value shown is not from the curve as they mostly can't be expressed as a single number and that is why you think they are the same that is not correct.  I know it has confused people before, the TCR is one way, you can set it, but you cannot retrieve it.  Just looking at the number on the right most data point on the curves you should see they are all different.   I fined the built in SS316 is good for 316L, I got mine from StealthVape in the UK.

evripidis said:

Done! thnx again mate. i also noticed that when i go to materials the preset wires: ss316L, ss30,4 Ni200 and ss430 all have the same graph. i assume that is wrong? to set up a new material i simply put my wire on steamengine download the csv and use that right??

At least at my therion also the profiles came wrong and 316 wasn't working in temp mode. It's my second lost vape device and i was expecting a bit better quality control, but overall they seem to be good devices.

My recommendation would be to get all the csv from steam engine and / or other good sources, like here in the forum.

What materials you use more for coils?

Probably you will have mod resistance set to 0 also. Mine did read 0.004 with proper tool, so maybe yours will not be far from that.

these settings came ready for mine http://prntscr.com/cbzxnd at least the mod's resistance should come from the manufacturer. lost vapes build quality is very good only thing with this mod were the innacurate profiles thats not a big deal. i would prefere empty presets then innacurate. i use kanthal most of the time and sometimes ss316L.

I have to agree with Yoseff here. My therion came with all nickel presets although they were labeled as different wires. Assuming correct values are used, there's a very noticeable difference between SS & Nickel in regards to the graph and the right most value in the graph. LostVape did a poor job setting up this device. Out-of-box experience was crap and frankly, SS is on the DNA (and other boards) is crap. On both the Therion & the Hcigar VT75 I have. The chip just can't decide what to do half the time. My VT200 running sp2 however is working great with SS. 

im very new to the dna situation, although i learned escribe excelent i still have to figure out whats going on with the firmware updates. i will just update when escribe tells me to right? i set my profiles to pwr, ni, ti, ss all set from the steamengine curves. i also made a new material ''empty'' to use on the non set profiles. one last thing preheat on kanthal doesnt seem to work. any1 have some profile to share or its the latest firmware that cant do it?

SS on the DNA 75 out of the box is fantastic, if the board is having trouble seeing the coils as temp sensing it is either a build issue, wire profile/TCR mismatch, not enough power or connection issue, typically it is not seeing the temp rise enough in the first second.  I have never had ss drop out of temp limiting on DNA 75s or 200, but I have been using temp limiting since the DNA 40 was released so only use atties with decent connections and coiling for temp limiting is the norm for me.

No preheat for non temp sensing wires evripdis, a good thing IMO as they can never be right for both warm and cool coils.

• 3 months later...