Grounding an Aria Solara

iBlond

I have found out that my Aria Solara Dna 200 does not have a grounded wire. This makes the mod read about .05-.15 over what it actually is. Is this the right solution to my problem? And do I wire it from the 510 to the GND right next to the OUT?

image.jpg

dwcraig1 said:

That is the spot on the board but how are you going to attach to the 510?
You might check the 3 board mount screws to assure they are tight, they supply the chassis ground. Be extra careful not to over tighten and break them.  

Thanks it was just the screws

Hi iBlond,

I own a Solara and experience the same reading shift. I pulled out the screws, OK but didn't find how to get the cover, didn't dare (or find a gentle way) to pry it open. Maybe using some guitar picks or the like?

Can you please tell how you got it open, please?

• 1 month later...

ive got the same mod
dead simple to get in to
remove the 4 screws and the sleeve slides off but be careful as the batt likes to come with it
slide it apart about 1/4 inch then slip your finger in under the 510 and tease the batt towards the chip whilst sliding the sleeve completely off
once you have done it once it comes apart without probs

mine also had the lose screw prob but a blob of locktight on top of each one seems to off helped

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Happy New Year, best wishes to you all.

I returned the Solara to the store. The owner got a replacement, brand new, that had the same resistance measure shift. So I asked for a refund and got it.

I wanted to stop buying hardware but accidentally found Volcano EU shop and got me a Lavabox 200 since then. So far so good.