TC issues with DNA 75

Tomaa

Hello,
I have issues with TC using SS316L, profile is downloaded from steam-engine.
When I fire the mod, temp will blink to OFF for about half a second, then over 33000C for a second or two and afterwards starts raising from low temperature somewhere around 10C.
When temperature reaches about 50C on display, its always over 300C in reality based on sound and vapor, but coil resistance is always correct, though it raises afterwards slightly.
This will happen quite often after I change atty or when I swap batteries, but that happens rarely.
I usually fix this by switching atty few times, reseting by reseating batteries or soft reset using escribe. There does not seem to be certain way to fix it, I just have to keep trying until the mod starts to work correctly. Once its fixed, it wont happen again until I try to change atty or replace batteries.

Did anyone else experienced such issue or have a hint I could try?

mod: Lost Vape Therion DNA 75
atty: OBS Cheetah, Geekvape Avocado 24
coil: only SS316L, clapton or fused clapton, always spaced

• 2 weeks later...

I was having the same problem and searched and found this......

v1.2SP3 is the official version for the DNA250 & DNA60 (it also works with the 200 & 75) It also contains the newest firmware for all the boards.

I installed this service pack and everything seems to be working correctly on my Therion.I use ss316L exclusively.

Smokin Dave said:

Here's where I found it..........

https://forum.evolvapor.com/topic/66731-topic/

click on the recommended link,install and it will give you the latest escribe service pack for all DNA chips.

I already have that one installed. The issue occurs with both firmwares available in 1.2 SP3 release bundle.

Since then I purchased DNA250 and it is working perfectly. I only had similar problem once with it at very beginning(no crazy temperature on display, just misreadings probably), but it never came back afterward.

I have not been taking atty off my DNA75 to prevent it from happening, but it still comes back once in a while.

• 2 months later...

This does sound like a connections issue, IIRC the outer of the 510 on the nano unscrews, take it out, clean both side of the threads and replace it securely, you get the same issues with threads on mech tube mods.  Also some of the VT75 have a ground screw or two on the base, again check these are secure.

VapingBad said:

This does sound like a connections issue, IIRC the outer of the 510 on the nano unscrews, take it out, clean both side of the threads and replace it securely, you get the same issues with threads on mech tube mods.  Also some of the VT75 have a ground screw or two on the base, again check these are secure.

Thank you, VapingBad! I will check that.

VapingBad said:

Eureka! 

I removed the head 510 and there was condensation of liquid below. I also cleaned the threads well. So far it works well.

Thank you very much!