hy-3040 5 axis hobby mill ( my new toy )

Frogmod

ChunkyButt200 said:

why don't you make a single and dual cell holder for the new Sanyo 20700 cells. i guess you would need plastic blanks or something (i'm interested in those new cells). nifty piece of equipment you got there. what's the largest dia end mill you can fit in it?

a 20700 battery would be easy to do I would just scale the dimension up from a 18650 sled. Right now I'm working on a tool path for a 26650/18650 battery sled file I got from thingiverse. The spindle motor that cam with it uses ER11 collets the maximum size bit I can use is 1/4". I can get ER16 or ER20 collet spindle motors for it also.

Frogmod said:

a 20700 battery would be easy to do I would just scale the dimension up from a 18650 sled. Right now I'm working on a tool path for a 26650/18650 battery sled file I got from thingiverse. The spindle motor that cam with it uses ER11 collets the maximum size bit I can use is 1/4". I can get ER16 or ER20 collet spindle motors for it also.

i keep finding myself looking at 3D printers. well, looking for a decent, reasonably priced one that i can learn with and not break. be sure to post your sled results.

ChunkyButt200 said:

i keep finding myself looking at 3D printers. well, looking for a decent, reasonably priced one that i can learn with and not break. be sure to post your sled results.

ive thought about a 3D printer but went with a mill. I can always put a extruder head on my machine and have a 5 axis 3D printer. Pycam takes a long time to compile the sled to gcode but it's free so I shouldn't complain. I'll post a pic when I'm finished with it