Best 3D printable DNA75 box

dl12345

I own three DNA devices, of which I have assembled one (a Boxer DNA133), completely rebuilt another (a Wismec DNA200) and now I'm seriously thinking of having a part machined so I can rebuild my HCigar VT75 nano.

In all cases, the offending part is the really poor quality 510 connector which degrades the TC performance significantly. On the Wismec (both the RX200 I owned and the DNA), the spring loaded pin stopped being spring loaded and I needed to replace the connector.

I have a similar issue with the VT75 nano. It's 510 is just crap and the base plate makes inconsistent connectivity with the body. But there's no real space to add a proper Varitube or FDV connector, so I'm thinking of doing something similar to what I did with my Wismec, which is to add a 22mm tube shaped mount on the top of the box to space the 510 further away so it does not impinge on the board. However, with the Wismec it was a little easier (apart from the really cramped space inside the box) - just a small SS tube with a 10mm hole in the top did the trick. With the nano, the tube needs to be threaded and the thread must be recessed. 

So it occurred to me perhaps I should just 3D print a new box. Can anyone recommend some good 3D printed 2x18650 boxes for a DNA75 (or even a single 26650)? Commercial or creative commons - I don't really care either way. Or even a fully made box (small and 2x18650 is desirable).

DSC08150.jpg

DSC08149.jpg

DSC08147.jpg

This guy has posted his mods on here and 3D prints his stuff. https://goo.gl/i8MRyy All free .stl files on Thingverse.

I'd just be careful with the material you use due to heat issues. I can only print in PLA which is not ideal.

I'm in Ontario, Canada and many local libraries have 3D printers with PLA filament. Cost is 50 cents for each 15 minute print segment, and a 3 hour time limit. They only allow their filament.  :cry:

Good luck, and even if you don't like his stuff, a searc there brings up many more.