Efusion dna 200 fault with battery pack

Ollie1221

Hi guys, new to the forum. So i have a dna 200 Efusion standard version not duo, ive had it a while and last week it started saying imbalanced battery? I connected it up to escribe and the 1st and 3rd cell was fine at 4.2v and the second cell was at 3.2v. While on escribe i did a reboot and then all the cells were perfect and worked fine for a day or so then it did it again out of the blue on 80% just dropped to 0% and said imbalanced battery. I am out of warranty so I decided to upgrade to the dna 250 chip as i thought the fault would be the chip? I have just received the new chip and wanted abit of advice should i get a new battery aswell? I have attached 2 photos the 1st photo is the imbalanced battery fault but then after I disconnect the battery and put it back it it goes back to normal as shown in the second photo. Thanks guys, Ollie

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

Ollie1221 said:

Hi guys, new to the forum. So i have a dna 200 Efusion standard version not duo, ive had it a while and last week it started saying imbalanced battery? I connected it up to escribe and the 1st and 3rd cell was fine at 4.2v and the second cell was at 3.2v. While on escribe i did a reboot and then all the cells were perfect and worked fine for a day or so then it did it again out of the blue on 80% just dropped to 0% and said imbalanced battery. I am out of warranty so I decided to upgrade to the dna 250 chip as i thought the fault would be the chip? I have just received the new chip and wanted abit of advice should i get a new battery aswell? I have attached 2 photos the 1st photo is the imbalanced battery fault but then after I disconnect the battery and put it back it it goes back to normal as shown in the second photo. Thanks guys, Ollie

welcome to forum Ollie1221. judging from the content of your post, you're obviously handy with a soldering iron. so if you're handy with that, then you must have a DMM (digital mutli meter) laying around somewhere. before dropping in the 250 board, i would check each individual cell of the lipo pack in question, paying close attention to cell 2's voltage with respect to the other 2 cells. no sense in putting in a new engine if the battery is on it's way out. "Thou Shalt Check Thy Voltages" is one the commandments in ER.

no worries, even if the lipo is on it's way out, all you need to do is find a similarly rated/sized lipo. XT30 connectors are sold in female and male pairs. what size (mah and C rating) and brand lipo is already inside?

here's a link that may help........

https://www.reddit.com/r/electronic_cigarette/comments/4omrb1/where_the_heck_can_i_find_a_fullymax_1300mah_3/