How to measure Amperes between chip and batteries?

Hello,
today I get my new Smok TFv8 tank, and on 0.16ohm coil it should be used with ~100watts on Hcigar Vt167, unfortunatelly on 70w the device shows 21A (on the screen), I have HG2 batteries (they are listed as 20A current max). How to measure real input current (taking into account the serial connection) or just block getting more than 20A from batteries? I don't wanna say goodbye to my hands.

Thank you for help!

that's 21 amps atomizer side. the board is 97% efficient at converting battery voltage to usable atty voltage. without doing much math (because i ain't the greatest at it!) let's say the board is asking for 73w from the battery (7.4V nominal batt). that would be roughly 10 amps required from the battery or around 5 amps per cell. at 100w (103w batt side) you would be drawing about 14 amps from the battery or 7 amps per cell. also, the DNA boards have an over abundance of built in safety features. the board will never ask for more than what the cells can provide. i also use hg2's in my Vt167 and usually have my preheat at 167w. the hg's handle the load just fine. your hands are safe.