Will the dna250 show ''fully charged notification'' while charging via usb?

wiss2017

My screen will show it's at 100% but the mod is still drawing power to charge and will usually drop from 1.96a down to 0.332a and lower when it get's to 100%, i have hooked the device up to escribe and the cells will keep fluctuating from 4.20v to 4.21v. Just wondering if the mod will stop drawing power completely and a sign will come up saying ''fully charged''

I aint the best at explaining myself but i hope i've made my point lol

wiss2017 said:

My screen will show it's at 100% but the mod is still drawing power to charge and will usually drop from 1.96a down to 0.332a and lower when it get's to 100%, i have hooked the device up to escribe and the cells will keep fluctuating from 4.20v to 4.21v. Just wondering if the mod will stop drawing power completely and a sign will come up saying ''fully charged''

I aint the best at explaining myself but i hope i've made my point lol

And keep in mind that the % indicator you see on the screen of your device is only an estimation of the amount of charge in the battery, not an exact amount. What you are seeing is perfectly normal!

VapingBad said:

It may be balance charging, that drains the highest cell periodically, then charges all 3 until they are in balance.  No it does not have a battery full message, but it will stop when all the cells are full and balanced.

So realistic i'm not fully charging my batteries because im taking it off the usb when its still drawing power at 0.332a(for example) because the amps are dropping.. should wait till it's zero?

wiss2017 said:

So realistic i'm not fully charging my batteries because im taking it off the usb when its still drawing power at 0.332a(for example) because the amps are dropping.. should wait till it's zero?

Even a set of batteries fresh out of an external battery charger are going to show a slight amp draw, so '0' amp draw will most likely never be seen...but, yes..leaving it plugged in longer will charge them a bit more

giz_60 said:

Even a set of batteries fresh out of an external battery charger are going to show a slight amp draw, so '0' amp draw will most likely never be seen...but, yes..leaving it plugged in longer will charge them a bit more

Ah okay thanks. I will plug will Therion back in now for another half hour and see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Just checked my Therion and the amps showed 0.00 and usb watts dropped right down 0.01 and it completely stopped charging. so it looks like i haven't been fully charging my batteries :(

Checked escribe and the battery volts stayed at 4.21v, im such a noob.

Thanks again everyone

wiss2017 said:

It won't do any harm taking them off a little early, the current will go right down to a few tens of milliamps used by the board and screen.  All Li chargers must stop charging when full, that is very important and in extreme cases can be dangerous.  You can see them slowly reducing current as they are topping off the battery which can be anything between 10 to 40 minutes and if they have to balance charge it could be far longer.  As long as you batteries stay below 4.25 V you are fine, personally I like to charge them to 4.1 V as that can double their life and only cost you about 10% capacity.

giz_60 said:

The lowest I have ever seen my Therion amps drop to was .005...at least now ya know what the full charge condition looks like in Device Monitor...:thumb::thumb:

It's stopped charging and that current is just being used by the board and screen,  IIRC the lowest charge current is around 20 or 30 mA, you see it drop and the battery icon change (no lightning bolt).