Art & Mod Evo DNA 75 - firing problem

disk0

I have only owned this for a short time and the firing button seems to be faulty

Either ultra sensitive and locks itself just firing or just will not work at all.

I think the previous owner may have had a eliquid leak as its a bottom feeder.

Any ideas other than sending it back to the mod maker?

if you don't have a warranty to void, you can open the device and clean the fire button with some iso alcohol. the button comes apart exposing the contacts. the contacts is what you would clean with a little bit of alc on a qtip or the corner of a piece of cloth. if i find a pic of the button in pieces, i will update this post.

edit....here's what the DNA 40's button looks like disassembled, similar to the 75's
Image result for dna 40 fire button disassembly

• Like 1

Thanks man, it's definitely something in the contact, tried iso around the edges of the switch. I think warranty would be out as although the board is less than a year old I am, the second maybe third owner. Do I remove the switch from the board to take it apart?

disk0 said:

Thanks man, it's definitely something in the contact, tried iso around the edges of the switch. I think warranty would be out as although the board is less than a year old I am, the second maybe third owner. Do I remove the switch from the board to take it apart?

no, just take a pointed pair of tweezers (or anything pointy) and if you look closely you'll see a latch on both sides of the switch. just pry up on each side at a time being careful to not let the top portion go flying across the room when it does come loose from the bottom section.
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...