Triade DNA 250 battery check problem

PTBS

Hello Gents,

I bought Lost Vape Triade 250, I'm not able to switch it on. Till hold down fire button I'm getting Lost Vape logo and then battery check (batteries Samsung 25R), brand new & fully charged (checked also via multi-meter all of them ~4.2V). When connected via USB, shows that batteries are completely flat, via EScribe I'm getting weird cell measurement on all 3 cells (pic below).

Do you know what can be problem?

Thanks a lot

EScribe.png 

Hello,
It seems you have a battery connection issue. In mods utilizing 18650s, you have to ensure that you are getting a good connection in your battery sled. with moth flat top 18650s the plastic ring around the positive terminals sometimes interfere with connection. try tightening the connections by carefully squeezing the top and bottom of the mod together, this forces the connections to fit more tightly, and should fix your problem.

If that doesn't work, another fix is, if possible, solder a small nub onto the positive side of the battery. This nub allows the positive terminals to fully make contact.

I hope that helps. 

-Paul S. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I pushed battery against positive nobs, contact there seems to be weak point of design, however doesn't help. I checked voltage by multi-meter and voltage is there (tight probes on sides of battery nob).  What I noticed is that it smells like burned piece of PCB, didn't wanted opened it and check for burned spots on PCB (it is still in warranty). Anyhow already contacted seller and he is trying to solve this, so will see, if they provide fault description will add it here.

Anyway thanks that you tried :),

Peter

• 1 month later...

Not sure if you've resolved this yet, but I have come across a few triads while doing repairs that the battery cell balance wire will break off the terminal and make a faulty connection. If you already sent it in for repair through evolv, it's probably one I saw this issue on.