Power limit Vs Resistance

ijohn1976

Hi, can anyone help..... I have just picked up a new DNA 250c mod using 2 18650 limited to 200w. I noticed that the boost function wasnt adding any Wattage to the start of the puff so connected device monitor and found the device was not getting past 125W at all, so after a lot of checking and stuff I connected another 2cell  dna 250c device and that was pushing the 160W with no problem. Changed the RDAs over and the new mod was now pushing out the 160W? The resistances of the two rda are 0.34 ohms when it was 125w limited and 0.21 ohms when it was happy to push out more power. Can anyone explain this please?

I think you have hit the nail on the head there, I spent ages checking all the setting and comparing the 2 mods but didnt think about the voltages applied to each. 

Rookie mistake, the higher the coil resistance the higher the voltage needed for more power, It makes perfect sense. I have checked the two devices 0.34 ohms was getting 6.6V and the lower 0.21 ohms was getting  5.8V. 

Im so used to concerning myself about the battery ampage limit forgot to think of the obvious.

Thanks for helping me see the correct point of view.