Burning up my build in 2-3 days... Any suggestions?

warrior

Long time vaper but first time posting and new to RTAs. I've been slowly upgrading my gear and I think I've finally landed on what I like the best. My problem is that I'm burning up builds in 3 days or less and I was hoping to get some advice/suggestions on extending the life of the coil.  I have a vaporshark DNA 250 with a Vandy Kylin RTA. My build is two 30g Ni200 coils wrapped 14 times. My juice is about a 60vg/40pg with 18mg nic. Cold ohms are 0.18~ and firing ohms are 0.33~. I have two settings, cold and hot. 

Cold: 45W, 420 degrees, locked ohms at 0.25ohms temp dominant (to heat up the coil). Preheat is 55W at 5 soft for 2s. I can puff on it for maybe 5 puffs before I need to switch to the hot setting:

Hot: 35W, 350 degrees, unlocked ohms (Ohms are between .26 and .30 by this time). Preheat at 20W at 1 soft for 2s. This hits pretty great while the coil is hot but my coils are still turning black in a couple of days. I need a cold setting because when I set the preheat to 60W on the hot setting, temperature protect shuts it down and the coil never gets up to 0.3 ohms. So what am I doing wrong? Do I need more wraps, less? I tend to burn it on the hot side. 

You don't mention a few key things....Coil diameter, wick material and what type of liquid.   Remember that liquids containing higher amounts of sugars,  or NETs, will foul a coil pretty quickly.  If the coil is not getting enough liquid to keep up, it will start "burning" on the coil surface.  If the wick can't  keep up with the demand for liquid the same thing will happen.

I have no experience with a Kylin RTA, in fact this is the first time I've heard of it.   I do use Aromamizers and have used Foggers, both dual coil RTAs, and generally get a month or two of use out of them.  I use titanium and SS430 on a 3mm mandrel for the Aromamizers and a 12 gauge needle for a mandrel in the Foggers.  Five or six wraps with 28 or 26 gauge depending on my mood.  I do use Ni200 in FEV-V4s that I use on my DNA40 devices.  Again five or six wraps on a 3mm mandrel with rayon wick.

As with everything vape related, YMMV.

• Like 1