Lost Vape Triade 250C Board Temperature Issue With Case Analyzer

iLLNESS

So I just got my Triade 250C and after initial setup/tinkering I'm noticing the board temperature is quite high. With the mod sitting for a few hours while unplugged and with the batteries out, when I plug it in and run the case analyzer the board temperature sits around 33C when the ambient temp is 22C. Has anyone seen this before? Is there anything I can do?

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, halford said:

Why do you consider this high? A passively cooled semiconductor running in the lower-thirties seems great to me. Is there something I'm missing as my device reports similar and I was impressed at how low it was.

I consider this high because from all the other users I’ve seen run the case analyzer they are getting board temps in the 70s/low 80s around the same ambient temperature as me, where as I’m getting in the 90s.

My board temp shouldn’t be 10C higher than ambient after plugging the device in to run case analyzer. Something ain’t right, and it shows comparing to other users board temps at the same ambient temp.  

6 minutes ago, dwcraig1 said:

I always figured room temp as being "room inside mod" as there is no sensor outside the mod.

Interesting, I haven't looked to see if there is more than one sensor for this. I assumed the room temperature was a guess based on (CPU_TEMP - KNOWN_THERMAL_WASTE).

20 minutes ago, halford said:

70/80/90s? This is in Fahrenheit?

10C of waste heat measured at source seems OK, no?

Yes those were in F. 

10C difference would be okay, but like I said, others are having their board temps in the 70s(F) after sitting in ambient temps almost identical to mine.

if you have multiple devices sitting in the exact same temperature and one is saying the board is 10C hotter than the other as soon as it’s plugged in something is not OK. 

20 minutes ago, iLLNESS said:

Yes those were in F. 

10C difference would be okay, but like I said, others are having their board temps in the 70s(F) after sitting in ambient temps almost identical to mine.

if you have multiple devices sitting in the exact same temperature and one is saying the board is 10C hotter than the other as soon as it’s plugged in something is not OK. 

I'm confused to be honest as the units of measurement keep changing, Celsius and Fahrenheit are on two totally different scales so 10C in relation to Fahrenheit doesn't make any sense.