Trying to add replay to Vapeboy 3000

I am super new to the DNA250c Chip and just started playing around with themes.The page says it has it but It never lets me save a puff or doesn't make it super clear like other themes. I'm in love with this theme and am trying to add it. If I am being stupid, point it out and show me what I am doing wrong. I did not see another thread for this so I am making one, if I missed it just post it as a comment and ill delete my post after!

Thanks!

Edited by Table

I haven't played around with the themes yet since I just got my DNA 75C a few days ago. However I've seen the VapeBoy 3000 theme and it's one of the ones which I want to try, so I'll keep you posted!

I can tell you that for sure you can edit the theme in Escribe's Theme Editor and add/remove whatever you're missing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How they did it in the default theme:

• Create a "Hidden" control. That will be the default condition, so when Replay is unavailable you don't see it.
    • Add Condition. Choose Label or Picture. Compare should be Atomizer->Can Replay, condition is true. This is what will appear when Replay is available but not ready.
    • Add Condition. This needs to be a Toggle or Field. Compare should be Atomizer->Can Replay Now, condition is true. This is what will appear once a puff can be saved.
      • For the Toggle or Field, source needs to be Atomizer->Replay.
        • For custom toggle graphics, off picture should be Save Puff, on picture should be Cancel.

Alternative way of doing it, that lets you enable replay on any profile:

• Create a Toggle or Field control. Source should be Atomizer->Can Replay. This will enable/disable replay for the current profile.
  • Create a "Hidden" control. That will be the default condition, so when Replay is disabled you don't see it.
    • Add Condition. This needs to be a Toggle or Field. Compare should be Atomizer->Can Replay Now, condition is true. This is what will appear once a puff can be saved.
      • For the Toggle or Field, source needs to be Atomizer->Replay.
        • For custom toggle graphics, off picture should be Save Puff, on picture should be Cancel.
  • Thanks 1

To control the Replay Warmth, you'll also want to add a field for Atomizer->Replay->Warmth. I usually add it as a condition to the Power field, set to Atomizer->Replay is true. This will replace Power with Warmth when Replay is on. as the power setting won't matter while playing.

Heck. I'll just do it for you, and you can see how it's done.

Here's the Vape Boy 3000 theme with Replay. The Replay control replaces Temperature when Replay is available.. When playing, the Warmth setting replaces Power.

vapeboy 3000 replay.ecigtheme

• Thanks 1

Wow, thanks for the background info AND for your work on that theme! I can’t wait to try it out this evening. I can also add replay to custom themes in the future due to the background info you gave.  You rock coyote!

edit to add - I deleted the not temp sensing detect condition from the temp section, replay is working after that! Thanks again 

Right! I was testing the theme with a SS 316 atty. I forgot the DNA is smart enough to detect temp sensing material even if the profile is set to watts, so no matter what that condition wouldn't trigger for me.

The first condition that matches will be used and the rest will be ignored. If you wanted to keep the greyed-out temperature in non-temp mode, the condition for that would have to be ( (Temp Sensing Detect is false) and (Can Replay Now is false) )

Or you could add it back after the Can Replay Now condition, so the Can Replay Now would be triggered first.