Silicone Wire

NMEones

building my first dna.. usually only dealt with mechs... I already have some 14awg and 24awg silicone wire.. wondering if the silicone is alright for the battery connection since it mentions PVC.  Like i said, i dont have much experience with building regulated mods, I figured Id ask here before I went and fried something :(

Silicone wire is so much nicer to work with. Most if not all regulated mods use silicone, so you're golden. Just make sure you have the correct gauge. Each board has it's own recommended wire sizes. Be sure to look at what gauge is recommended for your model. You can get that info from the PDF's available on the Evolv website. Each board has it's own PDF manual.

2 minutes ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

Silicone wire is so much nicer to work with. Most if not all regulated mods use silicone, so you're golden. Just make sure you have the correct gauge. Each board has it's own recommended wire sizes. Be sure to look at what gauge is recommended for your model. You can get that info from the PDF's available on the Evolv website. Each board has it's own PDF manual.

yeah i checked the pdf!  it actually mentioned PVC wire for one of the battery.. thats why i got a little hesitant and felt I should ask the pros over here!
my board comes tom. and im almost done designing my mod... once i get it printed, sanded, coated and then finally wired, Ill post some pics to show you guys....  hopefully i dont run into any more snags before then :)

Thanks so much for replying, Its greatly appreciated friend!

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 10:25 PM, ChunkyButt200 said:

Hey man, I didn’t want to start a new thread for such a simple questions.... I feel like a complete noob asking these silly questions but I’m trying to triple check everything before starting to assemble... want everything to go off without a hitch for my first go at it!  

I’m still working out the exact length I’ll need (putting the final parts of the design together today) but just ballparking for now, these screws are OK for the board yeah?

USA Shipping - 20 pc  M1.6x5mm Screws Flat Head Phillips Micro Miniature https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F352348458491

@NMEones I have no idea of the screw size needed to mount the board. It depends what you're mounting the to......plastic? metal? wood? I honestly never bought screws for mounting the board. I always had screws left over from other mods or various other projects. I just used what fit for the project, never measured them. In the PDF It lists the screw hole size and suggested screw size.; try there first. If you're still doubtful, open a help ticket or if someone happens to read this and they know for sure, maybe they can chime in.

6 hours ago, ChunkyButt200 said:

@NMEones I have no idea of the screw size needed to mount the board. It depends what you're mounting the to......plastic? metal? wood? I honestly never bought screws for mounting the board. I always had screws left over from other mods or various other projects. I just used what fit for the project, never measured them. In the PDF It lists the screw hole size and suggested screw size.; try there first. If you're still doubtful, open a help ticket or if someone happens to read this and they know for sure, maybe they can chime in.

2 hours ago, awsum140 said:

Generally speaking the screw size, machine screw size, is 0-80.  For plastic or wood a size 0 with an appropriate length would work.

Thanks for responding guys... I really appreciate it.  Think I’m going with these

767CA63E-408D-43CC-A5AD-27DF223DAF74.png

• Like 1