New to DNA, Please Help!

NMEones

So I finally got my Boxer BF DNA250c and loaded the Boxer theme on it.  For some reason its not detecting my SS coils (full SS alien coils).  This is my first DNA device so I have no idea what im doing..   If anyone has any idea whats going on or has any suggestions on what i could try that would be amazing.  IDK if its my coils (i dont see how it could be), the theme, or the general settings in evolve.  any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

ok so i took the coils out of the dead rabbit and put them into my phobia rda and the mod is recognizing it as SS and letting me go into replay.  now the new issue thats arising is in actual replay mode.  now idk if this is how its supposed to be working but its odd if it does (at least in my mind)..  i was vaping 105w and went into replay.  i didnt check the Watts for the next few hits but they felt good until i obviously had to squonk some more juice and it started ramping down... once i squonked some more juice and took a puff i felt it hit a lot harder so i looked at the watts and it was at 135w. then 130, 120, 115 and then went to 95 when it started to dry and i had to squonk.  i was lead to believe you were meant to get the same consistent puff each time until it had to throttle down...  I didnt think that it would go over my initial last puff recording.  

It is designed to give you the same flavour every puff, not exactly the same puff every time. Right after you squonk, it takes more power to get the coils up to the same temp as say the 3rd puff after you squonk, but since that puff is what you saved that's what it tries to duplicate every puff

• Like 1

Also, if there’s anything else I should know (not just about replay) that you could tell me, that would be awesome.  Like I said, this is my first DNA so I’m kinda just winging everything.  I’m trying not to mess with some of the escribe settings because I’ve heard of some people really messing their device up because they didn’t know what they were actually doing.  

I don't have a dead rabbit, but it sounds like connection issues.  May be a good idea to tear it down and give it a good scrub with warm water and an old toothbrush, dry and reassemble. I've had to do that with some of my rda's.

Edited by 67exec

1 minute ago, 67exec said:

I don't have a dead rabbit, but it sounds like connection issues.  May be a good idea to tear it down and give it a good scrub with warm water and an old toothbrush, dry and reassemble. I've had to do that with some of my rda's.

I gave it a quick cleaning before I put the new build in it but I’ll give it an extensive cleaning once I get home... I’ll let you guys know if that worked or not!  Thanks again for the reply, means a lot to have a place to turn to for some help.  There’s a lot more going on with these DNA devices then I’m used to!

I would suggest hooking to escribe and make a backup of the settings, and the theme, then start looking at everything, and maybe make some tweeks here and there to suit you. If it doesn't work as expected, then load your back ups back to the device. 

I’m not in front of my computer right now so I’m not 100% sure the name of the button.... I believe it was “Restore to Defualts” or “Restore to Manufacture Defaults”.  I would click this button and then save a backup of the default settings?  I did change a few things already (nothing crazy where it wasn’t self explanatory).  U

14 hours ago, NMEones said:

I’m not in front of my computer right now so I’m not 100% sure the name of the button.... I believe it was “Restore to Defualts” or “Restore to Manufacture Defaults”.  I would click this button and then save a backup of the default settings?  I did change a few things already (nothing crazy where it wasn’t self explanatory).  U

10 hours ago, 67exec said:

I'm not in front of a comp either, but I'm pretty sure it's in the help tab, then backup. The restore default sets it back to factory evolv settings

It’s definately in the help tab and then backups... it will display a list of downloads and uploads.

When you connect initially it should download a copy, or you can hit download the settings to save a copy before changes are made. Then after changes, upload settings, and it should save a copy too. 

Be aware with simply the the default reset button it may restore settings but for wrong configuration (3s, 4s). You will know this as suddenly your battery percentage is way way down.  I just use the help tab then backup list.

Yeah I actually restored to factory settings by mistake (before I made this post) and I noticed my battery life is horrible now.  Going to check out what you said and hopefully it downloaded my initial settings!  Thanks a lot, really appreciate it!!

On 11/04/2018 at 6:39 AM, NMEones said:

Yeah I kinda figured that out since last night!  Thanks for the replies!! Any idea on  my first issue?  My dead rabbit wouldn’t register as having SS coils but when I swapped the coils to my Phobia RDA it did

I have two dead rabbits that I clean well on a regular basis, and both rabbit's with different 316 SS builds don't show up in replay. It always just says waiting. Silly rabbit. Anyway like you I put the same build in my

Aequitas rda and the replay mode is working like a charm. Have a good one.

22 minutes ago, VapinDragon said:

I have two dead rabbits that I clean well on a regular basis, and both rabbit's with different 316 SS builds don't show up in replay. It always just says waiting. Silly rabbit. Anyway like you I put the same build in my

Aequitas rda and the replay mode is working like a charm. Have a good one.

My black rabbit works like a dream in Replay... it was just my grey one.. weird!

On 4/10/2018 at 5:51 PM, NMEones said:

So I finally got my Boxer BF DNA250c and loaded the Boxer theme on it.  For some reason its not detecting my SS coils (full SS alien coils).  This is my first DNA device so I have no idea what im doing..   If anyone has any idea whats going on or has any suggestions on what i could try that would be amazing.  IDK if its my coils (i dont see how it could be), the theme, or the general settings in evolve.  any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!!

I was having the same issues with my Boxer dna250c and I got in touch with Genger Vaper and they had me send it back to them. And they said they had to tighten the 510 connection. I got it back and it's been working so far. 

39 minutes ago, Dooney said:

I was having the same issues with my Boxer dna250c and I got in touch with Genger Vaper and they had me send it back to them. And they said they had to tighten the 510 connection. I got it back and it's been working so far. 

This only happened with 1 atomizer so far... I actually cleaned it the other day and just put some new coils in it tonight.  Im going to try it out Tom. And see if the issue still persists with it.  It works flawlessly with my other RDAs though so I’m kind leaning towards an issue with the atomizer rather then the mod