Boxer mod screen problem

dl12345

I've got a boxer mod v1 (two battery mod) with a DNA200 chipset inside. A while back I had a problem where the screen started flickering. The problem got worse and eventually the screen died. The mod itself was still working fine, because I could connect it to escribe and change all the settings and it vaped perfectly fine, just no screen.

So I bought a new screen and replaced it, roughly a month ago. Now, the screen is starting to do the same thing again - light flickering. If it pans out the same way, soon my screen will be dead. Looking at the case, the 3D printed firing button is quite large and I suspect would possibly be pushing down on the screen connector ribbon which may or may not be the cause of the problem. I put a little piece of foam in the U of the ribbon so that it has a little protection, but this doesn't seem to have done anything.

Has anyone seen a similar problem, with any other mod or even better, specifically with the boxer mod?

Actually, I will answer my own question since I just pulled it apart. The problem is threefold

1. A poorly thought-out design decision to use a screen where the ribbon cable folds up towards the fire actuator. It's a problem waiting to happen

2. A very flimsy screen / cable interface. It seems where the ribbon cable meets the screen is not very robust. A little touch on the black insulation tape to press it down causes the screen to flicker or even go off.

3. A badly designed firing button on the boxer that is too big and that, when pressed, causes repeated stress on the ribbon cable

Unfortunately, I don't think it can be fixed. And if I buy yet another new screen, it's likely to happen again.