Question about Escribe theme designer.

Fr33sp1r1t

I am using Escribe 2.0 SP8. When designing a theme on the main screen one of the 'items' (Status) has the box "Initially Highlighted" checked (it has a label and status when not firing). My problem is when i unlock the device I assumed that "Initially Highlighted" meant it would be highlighted automatically when the screen was on if no direction buttons had been pressed. It does not seem to do that, so what does Initially Highlighted do?

On my devices, after unlocking, no field (item) is highlighted until one of the selection ( up/down/select) buttons are pressed. Afterwards, the 'initially highlighted' field (item) is highlighted first... as well as after changing from one screen to another...even pressing the fire button after unlocking doesn't highlight any fields...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, giz_60 said:

On my devices, after unlocking, no field (item) is highlighted until one of the selection ( up/down/select) buttons are pressed. Afterwards, the 'initially highlighted' field (item) is highlighted first... as well as after changing from one screen to another...even pressing the fire button after unlocking doesn't highlight any fields...

Ok this was the way i thought it initially worked, but on futher investigation it actually selects the item/control but does not use the 'Highlight Selectable' values until you press one of the 'up,down,select' buttons (sort of how i thought it should work). A "problem" occurs when the Default Condition is 'Status' (why i was having an issue), it never uses the 'Initially Highlighted' if cheched value it uses/defaults to 'Tab Index' 2 (or the next highest index if 2 is unselectable) as far as i can tell.

The workaround, if anyone is interested, is to use a different control as the default condition (such as label) add a 'not Highlighted' condition for 'Status' (and another condition for 'Firing' which is exactly the same as the 'Default Condition' just to stop it showing the Status 'Firing') and you then have a control that can go to another screen, but when it is not selected shows the status of whatever else is highlighted.

See here for example of it working.   

On the main screen the previews show a blank line at the bottom, what the actual screen shows is 'Settings' and is selectable to go to that screen but if anything else is selected it shows it's Status (i.e. Temp, Power or Profile on this screen)