DNA 200 Cells unbalanced charge & discharge

Daniel M

I'm using 3s LiPo packs with my DNA 200 and it's having a problem where it's draining cell 1 at a much higher rate than cells 2 & 3 and also not charging balanced.  It also seems to be draining Cell 1 even when not in use. I just pulled the pack out of it after I noticed that Cell 1 was down to 3.7 V when cells 2 & 3 were both still at 4.18 V. I have eliminated the battery as the issue as I have more than one pack and I have a LiPo charger/analyzer. I ran 6 full cycles on each pack to see if there was an issue with either pack to eliminate the possibility of the same cell going bad on both packs. However, both of the packs charge and discharge balanced on the analyzer. In the device Cell 1 seems to be barely charging when and usually stops charging at about 3.9 V.  Whereas cells 2 & 3 will charge to 4.20 V.  After cells 2 & 3 peak it drops to 0.05 A trickle for a long time and will bring cell 1 up a little bit but eventually it gives up and stops charging without ever peaking cell 1. In at a loss for other things to try. At this point I'm wondering if I just need to have the board looked at under wty but any suggestions of things to check would be greatly appreciated.