Thermals Calculated and Calculating Wrong

LeeWB3

I understand that the DNA75 and DNA75c boards cannot determine the charging amps due to limitations in the board.  But why is Evolve reporting and using 0.750A?  Yes, I understand that it might be hooked up to a fast charger at 1A or it might be connected to standard USB charger at approximately 0.5A and that's the average, but 0.750A is almost never going to be right.

I wouldn't care what they report, but they are calculating ambient temperature offsets based on this 0.750A times the Case USB Charge Temp Rise field entered in °F/A and therefore getting the wrong temperature offset almost 100% of the time.  It's what's making case analyzer so useless.  I.e. If they find a charge temp rise of 38°F/A and multiply it by 0.750A the offset they are using is 19°F.  Since I'm normally watching this on Device Manager and am hooked up to a computer outputting 0.5A, the correct offset would be 16.  That's how you get such low reported ambient temperatures while charging.  In actual fact, I'm generally finding it should actually be closer to 14.25 which is Charge Temp Rise * 0.5A from computer * 0.75 (why I don't know).  Now, this is prior to the just released SP which I'm testing right now.

James?

OK, how do I delete this post?

The new SP and firmware clearly are calculating amps to be used with the CA numbers.  And, the new CA is determining values that more or less work.  They are not populating the case connect temp rise and I guess are rolling it into the static temp rise so room temp values don't EXACTLY match true ambient, but they are close enough now that my concern about seeing massively lower ambient temperatures (like 58 degF in a 72 degF room) while the unit is charging is more or less mute.

Thanks, guys for fixing this!