Think Vape Finder DNA 250 Auto Firing After Screen Wake

User 5150

Hello,

This is my first post here. I have joined about an issue my DNA250 mod is having.

Model: Think Vape Finder DNA250.

The problem I;m having is occasionally when I press the fire button and the screen wakes the mod begins auto firing, you can stop it by quickly pressing the fire button again.

When it does this something displays on the screen very briefly before going to the stock screen but I've not been able to see what it says.

It doesn't do this all the time, its quite random and seems it has something to do with the screen waking up or sleep mode.

Any thoughts on what might be going on? Any settings I may have missed?

Would a full reflash of the firmware help, (is that even possible?

Please go easy, this is my first DNA device, I've only had it one day. :)

Thanks

Edited by User 5150

9 minutes ago, retird said:

May be the fire button is sticking occasionally.... since you have had it one day contact the vendor and/or  Think Vape for warranty repair/replacement....

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think the button is sticking unfortunately, (although I've read about that issue) this appears to something with the firmware.

As mentioned in my OP the unit displays something on-screen different to the stock screen briefly before it auto fires indicate to me its a firmware, setting or board issue.

I would exchange it but the unit was a gifted to me used.

Oh, so it is a used device which you have had only 1 day.... Dna 250's usually have a Primary Welcome Screen and may have a Secondary Welcome Screen. Go into Theme Designer and see what display time is set to (may be set to 0.25seconds). The momentary screen display you say comes up may be one of these.. since you can quickly stop it auto-firing by pressing the fire button my thinking is a sticky fire button.. You can also  start a ticket with Evolv help desk and they will guide you....

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1

28 minutes ago, retird said:

Oh, so it is a used device which you have had only 1 day.... Dna 250's usually have a Primary Welcome Screen and may have a Secondary Welcome Screen. Go into Theme Designer and see what display time is set to (may be set to 0.25seconds). The momentary screen display you say comes up may be one of these.. since you can quickly stop it auto-firing by pressing the fire button my thinking is a sticky fire button.. You can also  start a ticket with Evolv help desk and they will guide you....

https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/index.php?a=add&category=1

I checked the themes, the secondary screen is not filled so I'm going to keep an eye on the device over the next few days then report back.

I will keep will keep in consideration about the button sticking, it's very possible!

Either way, I will report back, its only auto fired once so far and now been ok for several hours.

(I have opened a ticket as well)

Thanks again!

Edited by User 5150