possible bug in production utility for 75C chip

turbocad6

hey guys just wanted to bring this to your attention, I use the production utility when I run a batch of mods and I really love how easy it makes it to update, program and test fire a lot of mods in quick succession. I just finished a mixed batch of 75's and 75C's and the 75C does not fire with the production utility in the latest 2.0 version, it fails the test with a red screen but then if I press the fire button 5X the mod does then indeed fire. tried it on multiple mods all with the same results, 75's all fire no problem as they always have, but the 75C's all fail the test every time.

def not a huge deal it's easy enough to just manually fire each one after and manually confirm the ohms fall within the target range, but just thought I'd bring this to your attention, thanks :)  

Edited by turbocad6

6 hours ago, turbocad6 said:

hey guys just wanted to bring this to your attention, I use the production utility when I run a batch of mods and I really love how easy it makes it to update, program and test fire a lot of mods in quick succession. I just finished a mixed batch of 75's and 75C's and the 75C does not fire with the production utility in the latest 2.0 version, it fails the test with a red screen but then if I press the fire button 5X the mod does then indeed fire. tried it on multiple mods all with the same results, 75's all fire no problem as they always have, but the 75C's all fail the test every time.

def not a huge deal it's easy enough to just manually fire each one after and manually confirm the ohms fall within the target range, but just thought I'd bring this to your attention, thanks :)  

I will test this now on my end.

What is it saying when it fails?

Looks like a bug with running the test fire at higher resistances. Can you give it a shot at 1 ohm or lower and let me know if it works? I just tried it with 2 ohm and 1 ohm, failed to fire on 2 ohm passed on 1 ohm. 

I''ll get this noted internally for a bug fix, thanks!

ah nick sorry man I just sent my last completed  75c out today before thinking of doing this test and as you know this test don't work unless there is a battery connected to the board, I'll have another in a couple of days and confirm but I'm assuming what you are saying is probably the issue here, I'll confirm as soon as I have a chance

• 4 months later...

Just a for what it's worth on a DNC 75, when I got it before I ever got the EScribe upgrade it worked just fine in watts mode with the Kanthal 0.9 ohms but it always read the ohms as 8.54, it would let me change it to 0.9 and would stay if I locked it and worked fine with the Vaporesso Orc tank. When I upgraded it 1st time I used EScribe it would fluctuate with the ohms always asking did I connect an 0.54 ohms, and I started getting temp protect non firing messages, so I locked it at 0.9 that just got me temp protect and or shorted and only way around it was to not tighten the tank down fully since it says in EScribe if using check atomizer, window pops up saying there've been issues with atomizers being too tight or not tight enough giving fluctuating ohms readings, so I tried unlocking the ohms to see and even though it said 8.54 ohms I at least could tighten down again with no warnings but only in watts mode, if I tried SS313 it kept giving same warnings. Since it's working with watts I don't care and found if I raised the watts to 38 from 36 I was back to a satisfying puff. However, and it's why I'm writing this, why even if I had TP off would it say TP, and is that TP for the SS wire in the ccell or for the mod? I'm using the 26650 purple EFEST BATTS WITH NO HEATING issues at all and since I used the EScribe at same time I started using the 26650's I don't know if it would be different with the 18650's or with no upgrade. I'm using the Data Miner theme nice readable and can reset the puff count and other options not available in factory theme. That's it.