pinched screen ribbon = reboot?

iandvaypes

The beta mod that was sent to me has the dreaded pinched screen. I noticed that the display would dim every time I fire the atomizer. It was no big deal to me as it kept on ticking. Now it's rebooting the device while I'm firing the atty. This will reset my resistance to the now hot coil which everyone knows that this will give off undesirable results. So I'm going to order some extra screens in the future and replace the one on this mod but I'm going to place the ribbon AWAY from the firing button. My question is: Does the pinched screen ribbon cause a reboot? Or is there another problem I need to trace down? I'm hoping it's the ribbon as this is an easy fix. Note: I did update the firmware to the 7-29-15 R in hopes to fix this. It's not working.

I have a altered (stretched 3d printed case from shapeways) beta reference case and when installing the board/screen I folded the ribbon gently into a kinda "W" shape in between the board and chip as to clear the fire button.....U can fold the ribbon once it says in the spec sheet as long as your gentle

I unscrewed the board and messed with the screen. It stays at about 10% dim until it stoped working. I vaped it all day yesterday with the screen omitted and it worked great. I brought my laptop and used escribe as the screen when needed. I have ordered 5 extra screens for the just in case moments. I probably won't need them now that I know what to look for.