(Squonk) New build temperature control works but acting wierd

epicwood

last night I finished building a squonk box, and noticing something weird with the temp control. with one atty i have a standard 28ga nickel single coil build sitting at .14 ohms rested. works just fine on the new squonker. I have another atty build with dual 26ga nickel coils sitting .08 ohms. the temp will flash at "3354F" them go straight to non-temp mode barely firing. I've taken this same atty and out it on 2 other devices i build and it works fine. I've also take several other attys with similar guage nickel setups and achieved the same results. I've taken the squonk apart, checked, and redid my solder connections just to make sure everything was fine. even filed the top of the box on the inside to make sure it was properly grounded. put everything back together and was able to get the same results. it seems like if i get below .10 ohms with nickel it acts wonky, above .10 it fires just fine. I'm going out on a limb and thinking it's something with the 510 squonk connection. anyone else built on the 510 squonk pin from fat daddy vapes and experience a similar issue? 

IMG_20150824_190329.jpg

So i solved the issue, and it was defintely the squonker below. below and to the left is the newer fatdaddy vape squonk 510, it's a stainsteel shaft. the right is an older fatdaddyvapes squonk510 with a brass shaft. pictured below that is the metal tube that goes inside the shaft connecting it to your bottle. see that little oring, that's to help leaking. okay so initially i have the newer 510 installed, had teh tube, and oring installed. the 26ga nickel would fire in temp mode. so i took the oring out to help wit the connection. still the same issue persisted. so i dug in my parts box and found the old squonker 510s. installed it, with the tube and the oring. same issue. i took the orin out so the tube was directly connecting to the bras pin, and BAM!!! she fired right away. no issue at all. it's weird, but it's fixed. i see he has an even newer version of the squonk pin with japanese SS, it looks dull, so maybe that will help with the connectivity issue. Going to order one and find out..
IMG_20150824_195652.jpg  IMG_20150824_195756.jpg